Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#55710 by ultradsa
Sun May 16, 2010 1:51 pm
Dear Ooma,

Please put in place some kind of system for obtaining a local number for a new customer if they don't have any local numbers available to pick from or can't/won't port. Your system and services are great and highly valued but are sadly hindered if not useless if someone doesn't have a local number.

If someone needs a local number then find a way to secure them one in something like a 48hr window, tack on a fee if you need to for the express service if you need to recoup cost but please do this so the end customer can be happy and recommend Ooma to all that customers friends and family. Simply telling the customer to check back in 2 weeks just won't cut it if your goal is to make a customer smile and be a word of mouth salesman for your systems.

So I ask you to put priority in helping the customer have a fully functional and useful Ooma experience by getting people local numbers if they can't get one.

Charge a fee if you have to but please work with us. I would also note that this suggestion I have to you is what I am going through and the side effect of this problem is that I'm currently not recommending Ooma for all my local friends and family because they wouldn't be benefiting from having a non-local number (they wouldn't jump on board) if there was a system in place to correct situations like mine I could single handedly sell 10 more systems for you.

If you value growth and profits please consider my suggestion.

Thank you for reading this and being so close to making me a happy customer.

Alan K.
#55721 by Davesworld
Sun May 16, 2010 6:05 pm
Unfortunately Ooma like any VOIP provider is at the mercy of which DIDs are available at any given time from their provider which is XO Communications. Number availability changes by the minute in some cities.
#55735 by ultradsa
Mon May 17, 2010 4:51 am
Davesworld wrote:Unfortunately Ooma like any VOIP provider is at the mercy of which DIDs are available at any given time from their provider which is XO Communications. Number availability changes by the minute in some cities.

Thanks for the reply, To my knowledge there are 3rd parties that sell numbers. I have actually found alternate methods for correcting my "no-local number available" problem, but won't spend the cash to port. Anyhow someone should find a alternate method for getting someone a number for the sake of expanding your company.

To be honest I haven't a clue just how many people have ran into this problem but what I do know is that I could gladly sell some systems if this issue didn't exist.

P.S. Why on earth does Google Voice have hundreds of local numbers to pic from other than the fact that they have an unlimited wallet. :P
#55737 by lbmofo
Mon May 17, 2010 5:56 am
ultradsa wrote:P.S. Why on earth does Google Voice have hundreds of local numbers to pic from other than the fact that they have an unlimited wallet. :P

:)