Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#55506 by aviateur
Thu May 13, 2010 9:59 pm
:?:
Today one of my kid disconnected the Ooma Telo power and something interesting happen that is not what I was expecting it to do:

My multi-ring is setup to ring the Telo and my cell phone #A

1 - Power is off on Telo
2 - Call Telo # from my cell phone #A (Carrier is ATT)) which is on the multi-ring forward #, call get disconnected from my cell phone (no ring, cell dial # and then call is abandonned or cancelled)
3 - I was expecting the call to go to voicemail

My question to Ooma engineering, QA and Support (Bobby are you there?)

What should happen if the telo box is off or the network cable is disconnected?
How come the calls are not routed to voicemail automatically?
Does the multiring has anything to do with the behaviour?
Can you explain the behaviour of your system when the telo is off and if there is any link to the multi ring feature?

thanks
Aviateur
#55580 by Bobby B
Fri May 14, 2010 3:38 pm
aviateur wrote::?:
What should happen if the telo box is off or the network cable is disconnected?

Calls should go to voicemail if the Telo is offline and no one picks up the forwarded call.
How come the calls are not routed to voicemail automatically?

It might be because you're calling from your forwarding number. When you call from a different number, what happens?
Does the multiring has anything to do with the behaviour?

Possibly, see above.
Can you explain the behaviour of your system when the telo is off and if there is any link to the multi ring feature?

If you don't have call forwarding configured, the call should go to voicemail. If you have call forwarding configured (multi-ring, call forward all or call forward on internet outage), then the call will be forwarded to the forwarding number. If no one answers, it'll be sent to the Ooma voicemail.