Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3488 by RickO
Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:54 pm
How about having the option to have a conventional dial tone?!
#3564 by nowayout10
Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:58 am
RickO wrote:How about having the option to have a conventional dial tone?!

Yes, I second that.

Give users option to turn off the ooma dial tone.
#3581 by ram104
Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:13 pm
That would be great to have the option of having a regular dial tone. That should be an option.
#3631 by scots
Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:39 am
sunrisepostal wrote:i also like to have normal dial tone so when you send fax you don't have to dial *99 front of 10 digit number.

I don't think having to dial *99 has anything at all to do with the "unconventional" dialtone that ooma has. I don't know if they still do this or not, but Vonage used to suggest dialing *99 for a fax call and they've always had a "normal" dialtone.
#3632 by trim81
Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:57 am
*99 disables features on your line (call forward, waiting, etc etc) ...therefore provides a more seamless fax transmission.
#3646 by cetacea
Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:38 pm
Whose to say the U.S. dialtone is normal? It's certainly different for folks who live overseas.

While the Ooma does indeed offer free U.S. calling, sales and use of Ooma hubs certainly occur beyond the U.S. border.

The idea of transparency of phone service (not being able to tell if it's Ooma or a landline) does have a certain appeal for some, while knowing you're definitely using your Ooma for a long distance call if you happen to also have a landline connect to the same phone, is also a major positive.

Perhaps, in time, we'll get to pick the type of dialtone we receive. ;)
#3691 by rajeev_mahajan
Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:56 am
Think of it as the ooma jingle; something that sets it apart from the Ma and Baby Bells. Reminds me of the cash register cha-ching that ain't happening any more with the at&t's and Verizon's. ;-)