Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#55336 by o386
Tue May 11, 2010 7:43 pm
I got an email from Ooma asking for feedback.
When I filled out the web form, it cut me off after a few items.
Here is all I wanted to say. (plus remove the character limit on feedback responses. You asked the customer to respond, Don't Cut Them Off. That is very rude. If it goes into a database, fine, deal with it and increase the character limit.)

Problems:
Some call dropping yet, even with a fast enough internet speed. (You need to get more data centers, remember distributed load over separate physical locations is harder to bring down. "Think Borg")

"Send to Voicemail" button during a call still does NOT record the active phone conversation as advertised. Instead it terminates the call and COMPLETELY transfers it over to voicemail.

My Ooma (Lounge) voicemail player flash applet still gets confused on which message it is selected/displaying/playing. This causes me to delete the wrong messages because it displays or plays a message other than the one that is selected. This has been mentioned before and should have been fixed a Loong time ago. (Flush the cache, reload the complete data when selected, but do something.) I cannot use the My Ooma (Lounge) because of that risk.
p.s. a Java player could work on devices that don't have flash (iPad) and be easily ported as a native app on any platform. Keep it simple.


Suggestions:
Switching from listening to messages on the Ooma, and then picking up a handset should not cause the message to restart. Buttons on Ooma should continue to work for message playback control even when listening through the connected phone's handset.

Ooma Lounge should display caller ID name along with voicemails.

Voicemail and Call Log should use the same table/control and have configurable columns to show/hide.

Less latency. I know this is hard, but with Ooma latency added to digital cellphone latency there can be a full second or more between speaking a word and hearing it on the other end. This makes holding a conversation with a cellphone user difficult.


New Ideas:
The Ooma base should have a display for showing caller ID on incoming calls and Visual Voicemail list and voicemail metadata while listening to voicemail.

Open-Source as much of the firmware that you can. This will open up new features and bug fixes while the Ooma engineers focus on more critical things.

An Ooma visual voicemail app for my computer. (Win/Mac/Linux) (Open-Source it!)

An Ooma phone app for Android and iPhone. (and computers. Vonage and Skype do it.) (Open-Source, hint hint...)

Hold a coding contest for different goals for the Ooma. The winner of each goal gets a prize. (Sometimes this is referred to as a 'Bounty' for achieving a goal.) Set the value of the prize according to the importance of the goal.

People in the Ooma Lounge contact list should display the user entered data on incomming caller ID.
#55342 by lbmofo
Tue May 11, 2010 8:21 pm
o386 wrote:Some call dropping yet, even with a fast enough internet speed. (You need to get more data centers, remember distributed load over separate physical locations is harder to bring down. "Think Borg")

I personally haven't experienced any call drops while using ooma; call dropping shouldn't happen unless your internet is unreliable. Have you checked out the quality of your internet service?
#55404 by Davesworld
Thu May 13, 2010 12:36 am
Unfortunately if there are routing issues in certain area codes you will not know from a test we can do from our browsers.
#55412 by allo
Thu May 13, 2010 5:33 am
lbmofo wrote:
o386 wrote:Some call dropping yet, even with a fast enough internet speed. (You need to get more data centers, remember distributed load over separate physical locations is harder to bring down. "Think Borg")

I personally haven't experienced any call drops while using ooma; call dropping shouldn't happen unless your internet is unreliable. Have you checked out the quality of your internet service?



I wish some people do refrain from offering uncalled for comments /unwarranted comparison .
NO 2 LOCATIONS EXPERIENCE THE SAME THING!
It would be wise to stop pretending we know all the particular answers, and let the technical CS deal with the problem ; without injecting our own experience as the answer to a given problem...and insinuating that the other member is not doing things the right way!
.
#55415 by southsound
Thu May 13, 2010 7:35 am
allo wrote:I wish some people do refrain from offering uncalled for comments /unwarranted comparison .
NO 2 LOCATIONS EXPERIENCE THE SAME THING!
It would be wise to stop pretending we know all the particular answers, and let the technical CS deal with the problem ; without injecting our own experience as the answer to a given problem...and insinuating that the other member is not doing things the right way!
.

Wow! Did someone miss their morning cup of coffee today? This is a USER forum. Most of what we can offer is personal experience or opinion. I just did a search of your last posts and found that you also are happy to give advice or share experiences - so obviously you know what this forum is all about. Please don't chastise another poster for doing the same. Many of the most valuable posts regarding installation or problem solving are crafted from "injecting our own experience as the answer to a given problem."

What would you have us do?
Appropriate poster wrote:So your system doesn't work right. I understand your pain. I guess you are hosed because I'm just a user and you are probably doing everything right. You need to call customer service at 888 711-6662 because they have a wonderful script of things to ask. Most of them have never seen a Telo or hub but if you give them a few minutes, they'll check their computer to see if there are pictures. Have a nice day.

Don't get me wrong - there are cases where personal opinion goes too far - a recent huge thread on taxes is just one example. But we try to help because we want other users to have a good ooma experience - not because we have to or because we think we're smarter than any other user. If we are not permitted to share what has worked for us or some ideas the OP might not have considered, why even visit the forum? :shock:
#56298 by bw1
Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm
o386 wrote:"Send to Voicemail" button during a call still does NOT record the active phone conversation as advertised. Instead it terminates the call and COMPLETELY transfers it over to voicemail.


This is all I've seen regarding that functionality:

Send to Voicemail

Transfer a call to voicemail by pressing the “Send to Voicemail” button any time after you say hello.


That's the way it's supposed to work, not to record the active phone conversation.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests