Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#55162 by burnside
Mon May 10, 2010 9:03 am
My baby is a light sleeper. When the phone rings, she's up! I'd like to see a way for call received during certain time blocks to go straight to voicemail so the phones don't ring. This is also good for those who don't want to hear the phone go off at night.

Let me know what you think!
#55186 by Aveamantium
Mon May 10, 2010 11:36 am
Not sure if you were aware of it or not but you can turn on the do not disturb feature by holding the envelope for 3 sec. It is a manual process however, no automated feature available that I'm aware of.
#55191 by burnside
Mon May 10, 2010 11:49 am
Actually my cat taught me this feature! He slept on the Telo and lit that enevelope icon up. Had 5 voicemails by the time he woke up!

I'm just thinking it would be nice to not have to worry about setting this manually all the time, but yeah, good to know it's there!
#55193 by Aveamantium
Mon May 10, 2010 11:52 am
burnside wrote:Actually my cat taught me this feature! He slept on the Telo and lit that enevelope icon up. Had 5 voicemails by the time he woke up!

I'm just thinking it would be nice to not have to worry about setting this manually all the time, but yeah, good to know it's there!

Cats are good for that... Ours lays on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING new to the house. :D
#55212 by jmassimilla
Mon May 10, 2010 2:20 pm
burnside wrote:My baby is a light sleeper. When the phone rings, she's up! I'd like to see a way for call received during certain time blocks to go straight to voicemail so the phones don't ring. This is also good for those who don't want to hear the phone go off at night.

Let me know what you think!

The only carrier that I'm aware of that had programmable "Do Not Disturb" was my first Voip carrier, the now defunct Verizon Voicewing. Not only could you program DND times, they also had an exception list. You could add numbers to this list that would ring through even if DND was activated.
#55218 by southsound
Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 pm
Of course, if you don't mind changing to a new phone number, Google Voice can do this for free. You have complete control of how calls are treated and at what time and for whom the treatment applies. You can set up special groups (family, spouse, work, in-laws) and have each group with different rules applied. If you are not tied to your existing number, give it a try. You DO NOT NEED Google Voice Extensions or Premier to make this work - and best of all, it doesn't cost anything!