Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#54129 by danielvanhem
Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:50 am
First, I've been an Ooma subscriber for about a year now. I like the service although I often experience dead spots during conversations--I'll hear a "pop" and then for about 8-15 seconds I can't hear my caller and they can't hear me. Does anyone else have this issue?

Secondly, I was wondering if and why I should upgrade to the new Telo...I don't use the phone service for anything other than personal calls, and aside from the dead spots, everything seems to work fine. What is the upside of paying another $200 at this point?

Thanks for the info!

Dan
#54132 by Groundhound
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:05 am
danielvanhem wrote:First, I've been an Ooma subscriber for about a year now. I like the service although I often experience dead spots during conversations--I'll hear a "pop" and then for about 8-15 seconds I can't hear my caller and they can't hear me. Does anyone else have this issue?

Secondly, I was wondering if and why I should upgrade to the new Telo...I don't use the phone service for anything other than personal calls, and aside from the dead spots, everything seems to work fine. What is the upside of paying another $200 at this point?

The dropouts are likely due to some variability in your Internet connection, could be an equipment or ISP issue.

The difference between the Telo and Hub are summarized here: http://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-telo/compare.
#54146 by beachbum
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:59 am
Groundhound wrote:
The difference between the Telo and Hub are summarized here: http://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-telo/compare.



I just looked at this and it doesn't seem quite accurate. I have a hub and I have a USB port, so there should be a check there. Also, I am not sure I would like the Online Phonebook. Seeing all the problems I have had recently with my Blacklist disappearing, I don't think I would want to rely on that to hold my numbers. How is that different from the new Contact List, anyway?

I would be more concerned with the new taxes/RRF (Reglatory Recovery Fees, I think is what it stands for). If you have no fees now, will you have fees by buying a Telo?
#54148 by Groundhound
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:03 am
beachbum wrote:I just looked at this and it doesn't seem quite accurate. I have a hub and I have a USB port, so there should be a check there. Also, I am not sure I would like the Online Phonebook. Seeing all the problems I have had recently with my Blacklist disappearing, I don't think I would want to rely on that to hold my numbers. How is that different from the new Contact List, anyway?

I would be more concerned with the new taxes/RRF (Reglatory Recovery Fees, I think is what it stands for). If you have no fees now, will you have fees by buying a Telo?

The Hub's USB port has no supported function. The Telo Handset syncs with the my.ooma contact list.
#54153 by beachbum
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:17 am
Groundhound wrote:The Hub's USB port has no supported function. The Telo Handset syncs with the my.ooma contact list.


Then why is the USB there? It is hooked up to the board, right? I haven't taken mine apart but it would be silly if it wasn't actually hooked up. The driver/software is no big deal. That's strange that they wouldn't support it, I mean... it's right there... lol

Anyway, I am still wary about the Online Phonebook since I still have not recovered my Blacklist for over a week now. If I lost an important phone number for over a week... I don't even want to think about it.

I would still be most interested in the taxes/RRF. There seems to be a lot of topics and differing opinions on how that works when you get a new device. But that would be the biggest seller or turn-off for me.
#54155 by Groundhound
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:53 am
beachbum wrote:Anyway, I am still wary about the Online Phonebook since I still have not recovered my Blacklist for over a week now. If I lost an important phone number for over a week... I don't even want to think about it.

Fortunately, the Contact list has an export function so it can be backed up. It would be nice if the Blacklist did too.
#54159 by beachbum
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:11 am
Groundhound wrote:Fortunately, the Contact list has an export function so it can be backed up. It would be nice if the Blacklist did too.


That definitely would be nice but... even if I had a backup for the Blacklist, the function of blocking numbers still hasn't been working for over a week now...

Hmm, if you lost the numbers in the Contact List and since the Telo syncs with that, I wonder if that could wipe the numbers on your handset.

And if you are away from your Telo and need a number in your Contact List, if it was wiped from the My Ooma side and you don't have your backup with you, that could really bite.

I'm just skeptical right now. This Blacklist and Call Log thing has me gun-shy of trusting the ooma servers with my data.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests