Option to configure time for multi-ring

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
DreLV

Option to configure time for multi-ring

Post by DreLV » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:07 pm

New to the forum, but just installed and began using ooma. The compelling feature for me is multi-ring. It would be a great option if users could configure the number of rings (time) a call would ring on the multi-ring number before it goes into voice mail. For me, the default of 4 rings is NOT enough time for me to pull out my cell phone and hit 1. Not sure if others have the same issue or have found a work around for this.

WayneDsr

Re: Option to configure time for multi-ring

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:11 pm

In the Lounge there is a setting for number of rings before voicemail kicks in. I have it set to 6, Im not fast enough for 4 either.

Wayne

DreLV

Post by DreLV » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 pm

I just got off the phone with customer support. The CS rep told me this does NOT affect the time for multi-ring. The current time is hard coded at 4 rings. I tried changing it to 6 and sure enough vmail picks up after 4 rings regardless of what this is set to. I'm hoping the Prod Manager at ooma is getting similiar requests for this feature as well.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:23 pm

REALLY! That's good to know. I'll have to count next time.
Thanks.

Wayne