Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52926 by Cowboy11044
Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:02 pm
Well, the subject line sort of says it all, but right now when I import my contacts into Ooma contacts, it sorts them with first name first and last name second. That's fine and I like that when I go to the individual contact, but in the overall contacts listing, I'd like to be able to sort them by last name in the directory.
#52975 by southsound
Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 pm
Great idea! I love the contacts import but first name sort is not ideal.
#52987 by bw1
Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:06 am
Well, the contact entry allows for two separate boxes (fields) to enter for name and does not display which is first or last, so you could enter the last name in the first box and the first name in the second box and then it should sort by last name.

However, I agree that I would prefer to see first name first and then sort by last name.
#53086 by Cowboy11044
Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:18 am
bw1 wrote:Well, the contact entry allows for two separate boxes (fields) to enter for name and does not display which is first or last, so you could enter the last name in the first box and the first name in the second box and then it should sort by last name.

True, however I imported all my contacts from my email program, and that would mean going through each one and manually retyping each contact's name. And, there are those who would prefer to sort by first name, as the software does now. Just suggesting the addition of some flexibility. :D