Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52882 by jeffrey
Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:45 am
If you already have a cordless phone with an anawering system you like and has all the features you need dont waste your money on buying an OOMA handset like I did . Features like importing names and numbers dosent even work onit and when if ever it does work it will cost you $10.00 amonth along with some other features I already have on my present anawering system. I was told that my present answering msystem would not work with OOMA telo system, not so. Just go online and adjust the number of rings for the OOMA telo higher than your answering machine and it will pick up first, I have contacted the company I bought the OOMA handset from to try to return it for a credit but so far no luck, just get an email runaround.
#52885 by southsound
Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:03 am
So much opinion, so little fact. First off, the contact list does work and it is easy to import your contact from Google or Outlook. I imported 140 contacts in just a few minutes. I wish my Uniden DECT 6.0 handsets would do that. They do share a common address book but every contact had to be entered manually. Not so with the Telo handset.

Second, no one who knows how to use ooma has said that your current answering machine would not work. Like you said, you just set it to pick up before your Telo and it will answer calls just fine. But what about when you are gone and want to check messages? With your current answering system, you cannot. Due to a Telo deficiency, INCOMING DTMF tones are blocked - this may or may not be corrected in my lifetime. Also, what if you are on the phone? Are you happy missing a call or would you like to have it answered so you can return it? With your current answering system, you will miss the call.

Now as to the Telo handset itself - if you have Premier, you have access to an instant second line or a second number. These can be used by another person in your home to make calls while you are on the phone. You can't do it with just your existing handsets. Do I love the Telo handset screen? No! My Uniden has a much better screen. But I don't look at the screen as much as I talk on the phone and for me the Telo handset makes an ideal addition to an already great system.

Third, Premier offers a whole lot of features for the same cost as 3 lattes a month. Now even for a person from the Northwest, that's not a bad deal.

So thank you for your opinion - but I humbly suggest that it is YOUR opinion and that of others will vary greatly.
#52886 by bw1
Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:11 am
jeffrey wrote:Features like importing names and numbers dosent even work onit and when if ever it does work it will cost you $10.00 amonth

That's not true, like southsound pointed out, importing does work with the latest Telo firmware release. Maybe your unit hasn't been updated yet.

Also, using contacts does not require a subscription to Premier.
#52898 by highq
Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:20 am
ntoy wrote:Currently, your Telo is on 35452. I will ask our team to upgrade your Telo.

Ntoy, that seems to imply that users' Telos are only upgraded upon request, rather than as part of a universal roll-out. What's the actual process? If upgrades are only upon request, please submit my account as well for a move from 35452 to 35862.
#52899 by ntoy
Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 am
Hello highq,

On the contrary, we do provide a universal roll-out once the firmware is deemed to be stable. Push updates are randomly rolled out in batches relieving pressure on netowrk congestion. I'll notify our team to upgrade your telo as well.
#52919 by chadrandom
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:07 pm
ntoy,

If 35862 enables use of Contacts, I need some assistance. I have 35862 and cannot figure out how to get Contacts onto my handset. Is there a tutorial or how-to written up somewhere that you can direct me to?

Thanks,

Chad.
#52921 by murphy
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:24 pm
chadrandom wrote:ntoy,

If 35862 enables use of Contacts, I need some assistance. I have 35862 and cannot figure out how to get Contacts onto my handset. Is there a tutorial or how-to written up somewhere that you can direct me to?

Thanks,

Chad.

You enter the contacts into your my.ooma account.
Then Service Settings -> Sync config on an Ooma handset.
#52931 by Bobby B
Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:07 pm
I didn't realize this before, but it looks like contacts wasn't enabled for everyone who has 35862. For the Telos that have 35862, we're working on enabling the feature via a configuration update.

For Telos that are still running 35452, we'll probably be deploying 36111 later this week (which has a few fixes on top of 35862).

chadrandom wrote:If 35862 enables use of Contacts, I need some assistance. I have 35862 and cannot figure out how to get Contacts onto my handset. Is there a tutorial or how-to written up somewhere that you can direct me to?
#52933 by Bobby B
Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:30 pm
Ok, contacts syncing should be working for folks with 35862 or 36111. If you still aren't able to sync the contacts - you may need to reboot your Telo.