Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52612 by ravioli
Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:40 pm
I noticed a new tab -- Google Voice (Beta) -- under account preferences tonight.

Can someone please elaborate what GVE features are integrated with Ooma's service and if these are limited to Premier subscribers only?

Thanks..
Last edited by ravioli on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#52616 by bw1
Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:10 pm
ravioli wrote:I noticed a new tab -- Google Voice (Beta) -- under account preferences tonight.

Can someone elaborate what GVE features are integrated with Ooma's service and if these are limited to Premiere subscribers only?

Thanks..

Yes, it requires Premier subscription.

Here's the info that you should be able to see on the tab:
With Ooma Premier, you'll be able to use Google Voice Extensions to streamline use of Google Voice with your Ooma Telo. Make phone calls from home using your Google Voice number as the caller-ID, use auto-answer to hear the caller's name announced over the speaker, and get one-touch access to your Google voicemail. Google Voice Extensions makes Google Voice easy to use at home.

More info:
Google Voice Extensions

The Google Voice Extensions (GVE) feature allows you to use your existing Google Voice account with your Ooma Telo System. To enable the feature, enter your Google Voice phone number and PIN number. Next, choose a virtual number to associate with your Google Voice account. On the Google Voice site, you'll want to configure this same virtual number as a "forwards to" number under the "Settings->Phones" section in Google Voice.

Note: We recommend reading this article for help configuring Google Voice Extensions.

After your Ooma system is configured to use Google Voice, the following Google Voice extension features that will be enabled:

* One Touch Voicemail - Press the fast forward key on your Ooma Telo to access your Google Voicemail. You can use the same voicemail keys on the Telo to manage your Google Voice Voicemail.
* Call Presentation - If you have Google Voice Call Presentation turned on, you'll hear the name of the caller announced through the Telo and Telo handset speakers.
* ListenIn™ - When callers are leaving a voicemail message on Google Voice, you'll be able to hear the message through the Telo and Telo handset speakers and pick-up the call at any time.
* Caller-ID Override - Check the "Use my Google Voice Number as my Outbound Caller-ID" option to override your Ooma caller-ID with the caller-ID of your Google Voice number. This way, when you call people from your Ooma system, they'll see the caller-ID of your Google Voice Number.

To configure GVE, see here: https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeba ... extensions

Note that you have to have a virtual phone number to setup and use GVE. One is included with the Premier subscription, which you won't be able to use to receive regular calls when it's setup for GVE.
#52623 by dchoe
Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:45 pm
excellent! got everything all set up and looks like it's working well.
#52690 by PHXHoward
Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:41 pm
Will the Ooma Telo notify me when I have a Google Voice message waiting?

Currently, my phones have a visual notification when I have Ooma voicemail waiting.
#52693 by murphy
Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:27 am
PHXHoward wrote:Will the Ooma Telo notify me when I have a Google Voice message waiting?

Currently, my phones have a visual notification when I have Ooma voicemail waiting.

No. The only way to check for Google voicemail is to push the fast forward button on the Telo.
#52698 by WayneDsr
Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:28 am
PHXHoward wrote:Will the Ooma Telo notify me when I have a Google Voice message waiting?

The best way to do that is to set up Google Voice to notify you via email when a message is waiting.

Wayne
#52727 by ravioli
Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:56 pm
I'm trying to add a new number to work with GV but I'm getting this error:

There was a problem adding a number. Your number reservation may have expired or you may not have any additional virtual numbers available to add. If the problem persists, please contact support at https://www.ooma.com/support.

I've tried about 5 numbers but get the same error message. Any ideas?

**edit -- system must have been temporarily down, 2nd line added for GVE!