Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52462 by sagedavis
Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:56 am
Just completed porting AT&T land line to Ooma Telo. I followed process outlined in Forum:

Request Port on Ooma website
Wait for email from Omma identifying scheduled date for port
Order "naked" DSL from AT&T web-site to be installed on same date

The only potential watch-outs are:
- Make sure you don't wait too long (after you get notification from Ooma) to schedule naked DSL install, they may need at least a week lead time to schedule
- Remember, you will have to recylce the power to the Ooma Telo to get it to work after port (I was at work, and my wife out of town, hence our phone was dead for the day until I got home).

Good luck!
#52539 by Sherri
Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:19 am
I had a very easy and smooth porting experience from Verizon Wireless to my Ooma Telo. I followed the instructions in Ooma at the time of my initialization set up. I also called Verizon Wireless to let them know to expect communication from Ooma. Later I got an e:mail saying when my port was scheduled. I got another e:mail on the port day saying it had been done and advising me to cycle my Telo power off and back on. Everything is up and running like it should. I really appreciate being able to keep my phone number that I've had (first as a land line, then as a cell phone) for over 20 years.