Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52381 by mike8712
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:39 am
So I have a premier trial that is almost out on my current plan with my hub and scout. I was able to pick up a discounted telo and did so and have wondered if the basic features that were part of my hub (which are excluded in new packages) - will they be grandfathered in when I activate the telo? Or will I be forced to use the new terms?

Thanks!
#52388 by caseybea
Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 am
My understanding is the terms and conditions are tied to the UNIT. For example, if you own a core (hub+scout), you get free caller ID with name, you are also exempt from the $12 annual regulatory fee.

If you then switch to a telo, you switch to new terms. SO, keep that ol' hub chugging along!
#52414 by Bobby B
Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:42 pm
If you transfer your Hub to the Telo, your existing Premier subscriptions, services, taxes (or tax exemptions) will be transferred over the Telo. The info displayed on Account->Services in My Ooma should be the same after the transfer to Telo completes.
#52458 by murphy
Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:20 am
mike8712 wrote:Ok, so Bobby - if I switch to telo - when all of those Premier subscriptions expire and I revert back to basic, will I then have to pay the $12/year or still be under my original plan? So confused...sorry!!! :?

If you call CS and ask to have your hub account moved to your new Telo, everything will move to the Telo and the hub will be deactivated and no longer function. If you have already activated the Telo, I'm not sure if the move is possible. Bobby or Dennis will have to answer that question. The deactivated hub can be given to a family member or friend and reactivated for $59.95.
#52461 by mike8712
Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:21 am
murphy wrote:If you call CS and ask to have your hub account moved to your new Telo, everything will move to the Telo and the hub will be deactivated and no longer function.

I have not switched. I'm fine with the hardware switch - all I am trying to confirm is that if I move to the Telo and then my Premier (that was moved) runs out, will my basic service be as it was under the hub or will I be subject to the new T&C, new restricted basic features, and additional $12/year. That is my question I am trying to get confirmation on. Thanks!
#52464 by Groundhound
Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:31 am
Didn't Bobby B answer the question? It seems pretty clear to me - I added the bold text treatment in the quote below:

Bobby B wrote:If you transfer your Hub to the Telo, your existing Premier subscriptions, services, taxes (or tax exemptions) will be transferred over the Telo. The info displayed on Account->Services in My Ooma should be the same after the transfer to Telo completes.