Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52366 by tonylukac
Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:30 am
I have an Ooma Telo and have opted out of the premier service. However, when the deadline arrives the web page just keeps saying Premier, Free Trial and Trial ends in 0 days. It has been several days with it saying this now. The premier features are still available on the Ooma Telo. I don't want to get charged for this down the line, so, Ooma, fix your software.
#52379 by Hollywood
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:31 am
that's how my mom's went too a few weeks ago, and my neighbor's ended a few days ago like yours and also has the same thing. it seems like it may not be totally automated??? maybe someone at ooma has to review the settings so it doesn't lock you into something you might not be able to change later? I heard some posters write that some features that they tried during the free trial were still active after their trial, but they could no longer access them on my.ooma.

it will probably change to basic in a day or so.
#52385 by Bobby B
Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 am
Yes, downgrades are processed every night - it'll probably be processed tonight.

Hollywood wrote:it will probably change to basic in a day or so.
#52459 by tonylukac
Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:44 am
Thank you everyone. The web site says we reverted to basic last night, as you said. Have not tried any features, but I am very happy with Ooma. :)
#55090 by mikercycler
Sun May 09, 2010 2:20 pm
tonylukac wrote:Thank you everyone. The web site says we reverted to basic last night, as you said. Have not tried any features, but I am very happy with Ooma. :)

Hello,
This is directed towards anyone that has used or cancelled their premier services...

I just activated my recently purchased Core Hub unit. I started by using the temporary number, with an eye towards porting my existing Cox number that I've had since the Ma Bell days. I'm trying to decide which way to go on getting Premier or not.

One of the ways of porting is to just pay for the porting $39.99.

The other is to sign up for Premier for a year at $119.99 and have the porting included.

My question to you is, do you miss anything about the premier service, and in your experience, is it worth it? To me, I only see a couple features that I might bother to use. I do have a scout unit already, so maybe the second line thing, but really, we all have cell phones, so that isn't any big deal.

What will I really miss?
Second Line - hmmm, hard to say if I'd use it.
Conferencing - doubt it;
multi-ring - no;
back up number - might be useful;
Google voice extensions - seems redundant;
Do no disturb- I can see using that; send to voicemail - not bad for directing a caller to leave a message for someone else maybe or I could just have them call back.
Call Screening - might be useful, like the old machines. The Cox voicemail you can't listen to, so no change from my current plan.
Voice mail forwarding and voice mail to text - I can't see using it.
Personal and Community Blacklist - can't see using it, and I usually just depend on the national no call list.
Caller Name - Isn't this covered in Caller ID? Or is the basic feature just caller ID number and no name?
Anonymous call reject - I can see this being useful, but in that case, my mom would be blocked... :o)
Personal number - not sure I understand that one
Private Voicemail - that might be useful
Custom Ring Patterns - seems a bit lazy, but might be fun
Call Forwarding - never have bothered to use this with my current plan

So, I guess from that list, there doesn't seem to be anything I couldn't live without. I'd be interested in learning more about the the basic feature call waiting and caller ID that comes free with the basic Core package. I think my current setup is Caller ID Name and Number, and Call Waiting Caller ID Name and Number.

Anyone's opinion on this would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and also, I'm guessing getting the Premier would tack on the $3.50 taxes and fees for local service charges, on top of the 9.99 per month charge? So you would also have a total of around $13.50 per month charges? Does the basic Hub Core package get charged these 911 service, and universal and regulatory fees somehow? It seems to indicate that on the Hub features page.

And one more question - and this one seems to be kind of silly ..... So, I have this temporary number (or I guess permanent if I don't go ahead with number porting.) Does this temporary number just go away after my number is successfully ported? Or, do you somehow keep that number too?

Sorry so long, but I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
#55103 by sfhub
Sun May 09, 2010 4:14 pm
mikercycler wrote:Does the basic Hub Core package get charged these 911 service, and universal and regulatory fees somehow? It seems to indicate that on the Hub features page.

If you bought an unactivated Ooma Core (hub+scout) product bundling then it says what you are charged on product packaging, which is no taxes or fees. You should be able to verify this by logging into your account. Your service level should say Ooma Core and it shouldn't mention any payment being due.
#55105 by mikercycler
Sun May 09, 2010 5:16 pm
sfhub wrote:
mikercycler wrote:Does the basic Hub Core package get charged these 911 service, and universal and regulatory fees somehow? It seems to indicate that on the Hub features page.

If you bought an unactivated Ooma Core (hub+scout) product bundling then it says what you are charged on product packaging, which is no taxes or fees. You should be able to verify this by logging into your account. Your service level should say Ooma Core and it shouldn't mention any payment being due.

Thanks sfhub,
I did find something official that seems to give somewhat of a clearer picture on the subject.
It is here:
https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/how ... customers/