Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3280 by klally
Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:57 pm
Does anyone know exactly what makes Ooma so good. I understand that the Hub is basically an Ata. Based on higher bandwidth requirements than most other VOIPs OOma must use the best codecs like 711U.
Also I believe that customers are connected to OOma through a VPN. Any other thoughts?
#3281 by southsound
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:15 pm
Some thoughts:
1. Like the Winchester widow who thought that as long as someone was building on her mansion she would live forever, or

2. As long as my wife doesn't know how to use all the remote controls she has to keep me around and treat me nice, or

3. If the ooma folks told us or if we ever figured it out, they would have to kill us.

So for at least the present, I'll just be happy with great quality calls, people who speak my language doing tech support, and a pricing structure that can't be beat.

Say... does anyone know how unwanted callers know when we step into the shower so they can call us with either useless questions or wonderful too good to be true offers?