Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52171 by sagedavis
Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:23 am
Since my Telo is centrally installed in basement, I do not use the answering machine on the Telo. I use existing answering machine but the Telo is NOT passing DTMF codes so I am not able to access answering machine remotely to check messages.

Please fix this. Thank you
#52177 by Groundhound
Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:37 am
sagedavis wrote:Since my Telo is centrally installed in basement, I do not use the answering machine on the Telo. I use existing answering machine but the Telo is NOT passing DTMF codes so I am not able to access answering machine remotely to check messages.

Enabling inbound DTMF on the Telo is supposed to be doable but has not yet been enabled, as you know. I'm not sure of what the timetable is for this.

As a point of clarification, the Telo has no internal "answering machine", but instead has interface controls and a speaker for Ooma's server-based voice mail system. The same functionality exists on the Telo Handsets, plus non-Ooma phones that are connected to the Telo via its phone port can access Ooma's VM by dialing the home phone number. There may be other reasons why you prefer your answering machine to Ooma's VM, but convenient access to the Telo base is not necessary to use Ooma's VM system.
#54053 by sagedavis
Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:13 pm
Just wanted to thank ooma engineers for evidently addressing this issue. Today I was able to call my home number, let my non-ooma answering machine pickup the line and accept DTMF tones (and react/playback messages) generated by my work phone.

Excellent add. Thanks :D