Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52143 by hurl03
Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:04 pm
frenchcamp49er wrote:I won today !!!!!

What are you going to use the handset for? The charging base work well as a night light... Other than that the phones aren't worth the money... If you haven't had the chance to use one, think of a cordless phone dating back to the '90s.
#52150 by just4fn
Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:44 pm
I don't know of any cordless phones other than ooma that can call over the internet thats intergrated with a modem.
#52151 by hurl03
Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:27 pm
just4fn wrote:I don't know of any cordless phones other than ooma that can call over the internet thats intergrated with a modem.

ooma doesn't have a modem... ooma is an ata(Analog Telephone Adapter) with both wired and wireless phone capabilities...

but there are plenty of voip integrated cordless phones. have been for sometime. a quick google search would have yielded several such products....
#52152 by WayneDsr
Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:29 pm
I'll have to add that my phone works great. Call quality is good and it gets better with each firmware upgrade. I would have loved to win one!

Wayne
#52156 by mthomtech
Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:47 pm
That's great that you won one! I also really like my handset, and I agree with Wayne, the functionality is getting better and better with each Ooma upgrade. There is a ton of potential in those handsets (and Telo) that other cordless phones won't be able to touch.

I use my Telo handsets almost exclusively now.
#52157 by southsound
Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:19 pm
Congratulations! And I agree with WayneDSR and mthomtech - the handsets have come a long way since introduction. I have two and although I still find the screens a little hard to read compared to my Unidens, the Telo handsets offer some great features - like the ability to access the second line, ability to check revision levels of firmware, etc. I think you will like yours. :cool:
#52280 by Davesworld
Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:27 am
mthomtech wrote: ........There is a ton of potential in those handsets (and Telo) that other cordless phones won't be able to touch.......

Oh really? Google your way back to 2007 and prepare to be sobered by what has already existed all this time. There is a lot of potential for a restyled handset with an OLED screen to replace the current Telo handset. Ooma should have a design contest if they get another infusion of cash soon. Doing such a thing could end up with a very Avante Garde handset that is fun to use. Heck, if Apple can turn a chunk of molded plastic into a fashion Accessory without using precious minerals, why not?