Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1808 by skellener
Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:12 pm
My brother is now an Ooma user. His number port from Vonage came through today. He said it's working just fine.

Now to just get my mom set up with the one she has (it's still in the box!).
#2401 by busy1
Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 am
Congratulations ooma! My latest issue of "Costco Connection" featured ooma as a product that will be offered in February. Name recognition may be a problem, but perhaps you could have reps handing out fliers each weekend, when traffic is highest. Good marketing choice!
#2416 by Bobby B
Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:47 pm
Great! I'll have to check that out.

Also, we are currently in this week's nation-wide Best Buy Circular (page 23). Attached is a scan.

busy1 wrote:Congratulations ooma! My latest issue of "Costco Connection" featured ooma as a product that will be offered in February. Name recognition may be a problem, but perhaps you could have reps handing out fliers each weekend, when traffic is highest. Good marketing choice!
Attachments
bestbuy-ad.jpg
best buy ad scan
bestbuy-ad.jpg (39.44 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
#2600 by Bobby B
Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:14 pm
FYI -- Engadget's giving away an ooma system with a year of Premier. You can follow the link below if you want to enter (entries only accepted today).

Engadget link
Attachments
Picture 13.png
screenshot
Picture 13.png (83.49 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
#2929 by HolmanGT
Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:56 pm
baca008 wrote:Just got my Ooma set up and all I have to say is WOW! I cant believe I've never heard of this till recently.

baca008,

Has said what I wanted to say except he/she left out the part that ooma's lack of advertisement is making me nervous.

The only reason I know of and now have ooma is I was reading a post by an irate MagicJack user that was say "that's it" even if the initial out lay is higher he was shifting to ooma.

Needless to say I sat here going what the hell is an ooma?

Please, I don't think I have ever asked a company to advertise but for the length of time and the quality of service that I have experience in my very short time with ooma - Please don't go bust because no one has heard of you.

Regards
#2940 by mosteve
Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:53 pm
ooma used to advertise in the SF Bay Area on a major Sports oriented radio station (KNBR), which is how i heard about the product. i don't think i've heard those ads for a couple of months.

so - how are people hearing about ooma?
word of mouth? Friend/family/co-worker?

i brought up ooma today in a discussion with a coworker who has magic-jack and he says he never heard of it...
#2956 by WayneDsr
Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:44 am
I heard of ooma when I was researching Magic Jack. Someone wrote a review that stated ooma was better. I googled ooma and the rest is history! Thanks Magic Jack!
Wayne
#3051 by sinclac
Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:11 am
WayneDsr wrote:I heard of ooma when I was researching Magic Jack. Someone wrote a review that stated ooma was better. I googled ooma and the rest is history! Thanks Magic Jack!
Wayne

Same here on the magicjack forums tossed my MJ in the trash as that is all its worth.
ooma is the best thing since sliced bread.
#3126 by Bobby B
Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:22 pm
This reminded me of a newsletter we sent out a year ago :)

sinclac wrote:ooma is the best thing since sliced bread.
Attachments
sliced-bread.gif
sliced bread
sliced-bread.gif (49.12 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
#3260 by oomg
Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:36 am
johnboy wrote:Yeah... what he said. Same experience. I tell people how great this is and I get "Puma what?"

Can OOMA get on the Today show? News events? How about a quick video which 'auto runs' if someone gets to your home page? It only needs to be 10-15 seconds. Show the hub. Show plug it in. Hear OOMA dial tone. Show someone tearing up their phone bill.

Where's marketing???

Naw... all you need is a series of five second spots on the Speed Channel with some exotic number saying one word: "ooooma" then a quick flash to the web site url.
Or... four words: "ooooma, I love it" then flash to the url. Testing something like this in selected market areas would be relatively easy and inexpensive.

O.K., so every guy in the world doesn't watch the Speed Channel. Try something similar as a web based ad.

Might consider a catchy phrase that is tagged to the ooma name; e.g. "ooma... set yourself free" or "ooma, freedom at last." I'm not so sure that "The amazing disappearing phone bill" has the same "ring" or for that matter, was intended to be a catchy phrase.

oomg