Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#265 by busy1
Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:47 am
Before finally choosing ooma as my VoIP provider, I researched the online opinion and technical web sites for information. My initial exposure to ooma was a tiny blip in Parade magazine and David Pogue's neutral review.
Other than the ooma web site, little information is available and what is available, is limited and cautionary (initial cost, making fun of Kutcher, will ooma be around for the long haul, etc., etc.). Glaring exclusions are Consumers Reports and J. D. Power listings and I don't know why.

I purchased ooma as soon as the investment became affordable and so far, I am very well satisfied. I have shared the information with as many friends and family who are interested in listening, but I am confronting a mind-set that accepts and expects the chains of subscriptions. Plus, cellphones are the current (expensive) rage and competition (oh, what many chains come attached to cellphones!).

Bottom line: I would like to see ooma become a household name, evolve into the mainstream of VoIP options and be recognized as the reliable product that it is. I'm doing what I can to recommend it!
#271 by johnboy
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:37 am
Yeah... what he said. Same experience. I tell people how great this is and I get "Puma what?"

Can OOMA get on the Today show? News events? How about a quick video which 'auto runs' if someone gets to your home page? It only needs to be 10-15 seconds. Show the hub. Show plug it in. Hear OOMA dial tone. Show someone tearing up their phone bill.

Where's marketing???
#272 by Mojo
Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:03 pm
Hi John and busy1, I definitely agree with your sentiments and desire to see ooma expand its footprint, brand and marketing.

As you may already know, ooma has started selling at Best Buy in the Los Angeles area (see this blog post). We have a few initiatives in the works to start up some local marketing events and promotions in the next few weeks - so stay tuned!
#277 by johnboy
Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:41 am
Great... If OOMA needs any volunteers in the South Florida area, let me know. I am glad to help.
#282 by busy1
Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:32 am
Yippee! One of my friends bought ooma yesterday (although not at Best Buy)! I'm hoping that they will be as satisfied with ooma as I am. The "no
phone bill" was the selling point.
#291 by glecko
Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:19 pm
Look - the real exposure would be to get Oprah on board ... not that she needs to save money on phone service, but she can suggest that her many followers check it out as a way to "save in the current depressed economy".

The only downside is the upfront cost since many people don't see $30/month as $360/year.

Just installed the hub and I'm already impressed. I'll have to test things out a bit more, but so far so good.
#540 by mrdbarnes
Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:08 pm
Sharing the experience has been a pleasure for me. I was involved in the initial public rollout (pre-ordered before public realease) during the White Rabbit beta testing (I missed out on that) I went thru the process of holding my land line until porting was available. Now, I am dry-looped DSL with NO Landline....Hooooooray for OOMA! As Ooma has done the fine tuning system tweaks and enhancements things have just got better. I frequently take friends to the website and run the short videos for them, I now have FOUR scouts and plan to setup multiple numbers for household private lines.

Recently I rewired all my network and phone lines while adding more locations for both...now my DVRs, faxes and other dialout devices are easily connected without a scout, and I can just as easily add a Scout OR just a phone anywhere in my system. Some technical info I received on the forum has allowed me to maximize my OOMA home system.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! A VERY happy Ooma customer here.
#752 by Securix
Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:17 am
Mojo wrote:

As you may already know, ooma has started selling at Best Buy in the Los Angeles area

I had no clue ooma even existed and I consider myself to be pretty current on new tech products.

I happened to be at Best Buy one day and saw some ooma brochures sitting on one of their computer sales counters. So I took one and did some research online before committing to buying it.

I mean, it's cool that ooma is one of those little elite gadgets and best-kept secrets, but it's a great service and needs to be advertised more. I have never seen any of the alleged Kutcher commercials either, and I live in the NYC area and we see just about everything, including plenty of Magic Jack infomercials.
#996 by baca008
Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:59 pm
Just got my Ooma set up and all I have to say is WOW! I cant believe I've never heard of this till recently.
#1639 by pantut
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:06 pm
I love this system, I am currently waiting to port my land line number on my first Ooma. But I also have two other homes in the US and have already ordered the hub for house #2 and requested the porting paperwork in advance, and I want to that that location on line ASAP.. Then I will move on to the third home. And with Ooma, all three home's voice mails will be sent and available to me on one computer / laptop..... I LOVE OOMA...

Oh, and house #2 has a guest room, and with ooma that room will have its own phone number. I love sending guests a pre arrival card, with the address and phone number for their families at home, but now they will also receive a card with their personal phone number in that room.. Talk about feeling like a VIP..

DID I SAY I LOVE OOMA !!!