Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3223 by Beowoof
Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:30 am
First, I am very pleased with the ooma system -- anything that saves me money these days is wonderful to have. From my perspective, ooma could make the Premier service a really dynamite system if it created a comprehensive Call Management capability.

For example, the following would be most useful to me:

1. Create a Phone Directory/Phone List that I can sort by name
2. Create directory categories such as friends, work, business contacts, etc.
3. Automatically dial a name on the list.
4. Upload the directory into my cell.
5. Export the call log into a spreadsheet.
6. Download my cell directory into my Ooma phone directory.
7. Create a history Call Log and remove historical information from the current Call log.
8. Select entries in the call log and delete them.

Do other ooma users have a need for these capabilities? What else would be useful?

Thanks
#4936 by Beowoof
Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:40 am
I see ooma has added an excel export for the call logs. Thanks for providing this capability!

However, it doesn't seem to work. I get the following error:

Internet Explorer cannot download export.php from https://www.ooma.com.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

Ooma, are you planning on adding a way to delete call log entries?

Since ooma has not responded to the request to add a Call Management capability, perhaps if others could chime in we might get some action.

Please vote Yes or No whether you would like to have a Call Management capability...

Thanks
#6168 by drfstuff
Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:10 pm
No. Keep it simple, keep it cheap i.e. free. If you want more services, you will pay for them one way or another. The issue is not what Ooma can provide, it's what we're willing to pay. I'd prefer Ooma focus on clearity of signal vs adding features......just my opinion :-)
#6181 by Mojo
Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:18 pm
Contact lists are planned for a summer release (this should address at least #1-3 in your list)

Also, what version of IE are you using where you experience the call log export failure? Does it work OK with firefox?
#6200 by tommies
Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:00 pm
drfstuff wrote:No. Keep it simple, keep it cheap i.e. free. If you want more services, you will pay for them one way or another. The issue is not what Ooma can provide, it's what we're willing to pay. I'd prefer Ooma focus on clearity of signal vs adding features......just my opinion :-)

I vote for you too.
#6211 by oomg
Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:50 am
What is the duration of the call logs? Or, are these logs deleted after some period of time?

FWIW, I had no trouble doing a copy and paste into my wordperfect program... needed to do some minor mods to the files to format them, but otherwise, worked fine.

oomg