Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#51646 by esf1224
Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:21 am
Hi,

My Ooma hub has been blinking red light since sometimes before 1AM CT. My internet is working fine. I tried rebooting hub and scout multiple times, with no results. When i call home, all calls get forwarded to my cell number (my account is set up to fwd calls on "network outage"). Any ideas if there is anything else i can do? I've has ooma since Aug 2009, and this is the first time service has been out for so long.

Thank you
#51647 by murphy
Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:00 am
esf1224 wrote:Hi,

My Ooma hub has been blinking red light since sometimes before 1AM CT. My internet is working fine. I tried rebooting hub and scout multiple times, with no results. When i call home, all calls get forwarded to my cell number (my account is set up to fwd calls on "network outage"). Any ideas if there is anything else i can do? I've has ooma since Aug 2009, and this is the first time service has been out for so long.

Thank you

The service is not out. Mine is working fine.
Connect to http://setup.ooma.com
Go to the Network page
Click the Use built in MAC address radio button
Click the Update button
Power cycle your cable modem.
#51685 by coldsteel
Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:41 pm
I have a post on this forum about changing your ISP DNS (I recommended OPENDNS). My symptoms that I describe in that post were the same as yours - other internet devices (TIVO, media server, web browsing) were okay. Look at my other post here and on my blog and then change your DNS settings.
#51956 by sashusmom
Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:09 am
My service has been spotty today. No problem for about 2 weeks and today after receiving a call and it going to voicemail my dial tone was lost and the main number was down. However, if called it would go to voicemail with phones not ringing and my forwarding number would ring( I guess the back up number if service is out). I don't think the cable went out. I checked the do not disturb function and it was not turned on automatically( since the phone did ring minutes before).The 2nd line was functioning.
I unplugged the main hub and it reset. Dial tone returned. Everything was OK. Tested calls and voicemail. All was OK. Then it happened again a couple hours later. Unplugged the hub and it reset and was OK.

Anyone else having problems today :?:
#51959 by southsound
Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 am
sashusmom wrote:My service has been spotty today. No problem for about 2 weeks and today after receiving a call and it going to voicemail my dial tone was lost and the main number was down. However, if called it would go to voicemail with phones not ringing and my forwarding number would ring( I guess the back up number if service is out). I don't think the cable went out. I checked the do not disturb function and it was not turned on automatically( since the phone did ring minutes before).The 2nd line was functioning.
I unplugged the main hub and it reset. Dial tone returned. Everything was OK. Tested calls and voicemail. All was OK. Then it happened again a couple hours later. Unplugged the hub and it reset and was OK.

Anyone else having problems today :?:

You may have already done this because it was suggested by murphy above, but if not, it is worth a try. Go to your ooma setup page (setup.ooma.com from a computer you have plugged into the home network port) select Network, then where it says, "MODEM Port MAC Address" click the button for "Use Built In". Make sure you click Update before leaving the page. Power cycle your modem, then your ooma. Let us know if that helps!
#51963 by sashusmom
Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:41 am
Hi Southsound-
When I go to this site and click on network I get notepad type printing with programming stuff on it- like when you want to change values with lots of <> symbols and = signs. The kind of text to use when you want to post stuff for sale on ebay. I don't think this is where you wanted me to go. All of our computers are wireless via a router so I am accessing this via my laptop.
#51965 by southsound
Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 am
sashusmom wrote:Hi Southsound-
When I go to this site and click on network I get notepad type printing with programming stuff on it- like when you want to change values with lots of <> symbols and = signs. The kind of text to use when you want to post stuff for sale on ebay. I don't think this is where you wanted me to go. All of our computers are wireless via a router so I am accessing this via my laptop.

You will need to be connected using a network cable to the home network port - on your hub it is just called HOME. The pages you want to access live on a webserver in your ooma box. If you have an extra network cable around the house, use it to connect - then make sure your laptop's wireless is turned off, reboot your laptop and try the address. It should come up as an easy to read graphics page.
#51976 by esf1224
Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:29 pm
murphy wrote:The service is not out. Mine is working fine.
Connect to http://setup.ooma.com
Go to the Network page
Click the Use built in MAC address radio button
Click the Update button
Power cycle your cable modem.

Thank you, that seems to have made the difference.
#51977 by esf1224
Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:32 pm
southsound wrote:
sashusmom wrote:Hi Southsound-

You will need to be connected using a network cable to the home network port - on your hub it is just called HOME. The pages you want to access live on a webserver in your ooma box. If you have an extra network cable around the house, use it to connect - then make sure your laptop's wireless is turned off, reboot your laptop and try the address. It should come up as an easy to read graphics page.

I was able to make the change on my wireless laptop. No issues at all.