Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#51549 by voiper
Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:22 pm
It would be nice to be able to access voicemail from a non-Ooma handset by dialing *98 as a shortcut for dialing your own number.

Granted, probably not a very important feature, but it would be nice. ;)
#51557 by WayneDsr
Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:28 pm
I just add my number in a speed dial entry.

Wayne
#51559 by DTMF
Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Why stop there? Rather than just one speed dial number, I'd rather have numeric speed dial for a bunch of numbers, as I requested here. ;)
#51563 by WayneDsr
Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:38 pm
That may be an option for the future, but for now, the easiest work-a-round for me (and possibly the OP) is to program my non-ooma phone to speed dial my home phone number with a single keypress. Works great in the meantime!

Wayne
#51591 by southsound
Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:59 am
DTMF wrote:Why stop there? Rather than just one speed dial number, I'd rather have numeric speed dial for a bunch of numbers, as I requested here. ;)

I used to hate the bother of individually programming every one of my cordless handsets so that I had speed dialing on all phones. Sometimes a handset or two would have incorrect (old) numbers even though I was careful to keep up with changes in cell numbers, etc. Then I bought my Uniden DECT 6.0 systems with 5 handsets. (Yes, I have two of them making up 10 of my 19 phones.) With the Uniden and other newer systems, you can create a system wide speed dial list by publishing it to the cordless base. I know this will not take care of everyone's needs, but I found it to be a really good feature. One thing I especially like over just a numeric speed dial is that I get to verify that the person I'm calling is really the person I'm meaning to call. With increasing age, too many numbers in my volatile memory begin to blend. The phone's display works great in assuring me I'm calling the right person.