Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#51196 by stevegriswold
Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:46 am
Is there an ooma iPhone App out yet?
Would it allow me to make calls on my iPhone at home and connect via my ooma? If so does this avoid me using my ATT mobile minutes? Can I also connect to my ooma with mt iphone when not at home and traveling?

thanks
#51199 by bursellj
Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:36 am
Yes, there is an iPhone App out, that was posted on iTunes Store for a short time but then pulled because Ooma's servers were not ready yet for the App. Some people were able to purchase the App though it would not function yet because of the Ooma server upgrade.

From my understanding, you will be able to use the App on a wifi connection to make calls to anyone in the world and not use ATT minutes. Do not know about the iPhone to Telo connection issue.

The app will probably be re-released shortly.
#51200 by ggilman
Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 am
Yes and no. Ooma has developed an iPhone app and it was displayed at CES. A short time later, it was on the app store but it was only there because it was inadvertently released. Ooma didn't have the servers set up to handle the app & it was just accidentally released prematurely. Once they get get the servers in place, they will put the app back on the store.

As for the capabilities, I believe it allowed to to dial out over WiFi (not sure about 3G) over the Ooma system so you wouldn't get charged cell phone minutes. I'm not entirely certain of the details but you should be able to do a search to find something out about it. I know there was at least a big thread about the app when it came out & didn't work but you can search as well as I can for that.

I haven't heard anything about an expected release date of the app.
#52463 by ladysman
Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:15 am
Any updates on the iphone app?
#52489 by bw1
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:06 am
ladysman wrote:Any updates on the iphone app?

See: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195&start=40#p52420

Bobby B wrote:Yep, the iPhone App has been delayed - we're still targeting for a Q2 2010 release. The App is ready to go, but we've been delayed with working out some issues with deploying new PureVoice server infrastructure.