Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#51060 by XMEOME
Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:48 pm
How about a call timer on the Telo Handset I know we could get use out of that and its standard on most phones now days.
#51133 by highq
Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 am
Now that you're placing calls for free, just what use would you make of a call timer?
#51217 by southsound
Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:38 am
highq wrote:Now that you're placing calls for free, just what use would you make of a call timer?

Some people are able to bill their clients for telephone consultation so a timer in the handset would facilitate that. The good news is that the call log will also capture the call duration.
#51223 by Mike-o-Matic
Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:37 am
Guess I'm a little perplexed by this as well. Southsound's point is right, the call logs will show you the call duration after the call ends... and the number doesn't really matter until the call's over anyway. Right?

Also, you could export the whole shebang, say, at month's end, and filter your outbound calls in the spreadsheet. Then let it do the math and *badabing-badaboom*, you've got your exact number of billable minutes.
#73368 by eYeks
Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:33 pm
highq wrote:Now that you're placing calls for free, just what use would you make of a call timer?

Call cost and client billing are good reasons, I like to have the call timer so I can tell the other person how long they've put me on hold! For that the call timer display is needed on the handset... my Panasonic has it and because of that I tend to reach for it instead of the Telo.
#74222 by nn5i
Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:34 am

(1) Calls in the US are free, but others, not.

(2) I see -- "That which isn't useful to me can't possibly be useful to anyone."

Cheers!