Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#50772 by JTalbert
Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:31 pm
I would like a feature that I could reset the ooma from setup.ooma.com

Where this would come in handy..

I was remoting into my home computer today, made some changes to my wireless router which somehow may have messed up my ooma from accepting calls. I can connect to setup.ooma.com and since I am not home, it would be nice if I could click on a button to do a reset of the system.

I dont know if there was a hiccup in my Ooma itself or with what I did with my router, either way, I am not home and cannot correct the problem now.

That is on my wish list :-)
#50792 by fareal
Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:31 pm
Yes, same here.

Don't you have to reset/reboot the Ooma after some config changes on my.ooma.com? This is another reason I'd like to be able to do it via my web browser.
#50806 by JTalbert
Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:05 am
fareal wrote:Yes, same here.

Don't you have to reset/reboot the Ooma after some config changes on my.ooma.com? This is another reason I'd like to be able to do it via my web browser.

Eventually Ooma was able to auto reconfigure after the changes I made with my router, which I was happy to see.

I have noticed sometimes when you unplug it and let it restart, some of your settings get removed, especially if you make changes to the QoS setting, restarting the Ooma will negate the changes. Since I have my QoS set to 0 now for known QoS issues I havent touched it or rebooted, maybe that quirk I am talking about was changed with the latest update. I was blown away at the amount of bug fixes they had in the latest release.

But to be able to restart the ooma without unplugging it would be great.
#51353 by murphy
Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:50 am
None of your settings should change when you pull the power from the Ooma box. Are you sure that after making the QOS changes you clicked the update button.