Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#50666 by wildbill
Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:18 am
Hey has anyone else got this new firmware update last night.. was just wondering why ooma is not giving us release notes on each firmware update as to what was changed/fixed.

the latest update I have is Rev: 1.35170

--Bill
#50672 by wildbill
Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:50 am
Well the cordless phone Im using Im not sure if it updates the CID time stamp on its own with inbound calls like other phones. I don't think it does for some reason. its not a old phone. its a dect 6 Uniden. but I did notice that it was not updated when the time change happen a few days ago. I just reset the time on the phone itself.

Time stamp is correct on incoming CID and on voicemail time stamp.

I also checked last night after the update and it seems.. ' knock on wood ' the outbound audio clipping is gone so far.. only made one test call to a landline last night. Im using a ooma phone number. no landline connected to the telo.
#50687 by wrj
Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am
When I got my Telo it came with (or was updated to) 33190. It is still there. I could see others were at 32829 on this forum. I have no idea of how Ooma handles firmware upgrades. Other products I have are very clear on what the current version is and the changes of each version of firmware. This does not give me a high degree of confidence and makes me worry. How hard can it be to communicate a firmware structure?
#50689 by murphy
Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:21 am
wrj wrote:When I got my Telo it came with (or was updated to) 33190. It is still there. I could see others were at 32829 on this forum. I have no idea of how Ooma handles firmware upgrades. Other products I have are very clear on what the current version is and the changes of each version of firmware. This does not give me a high degree of confidence and makes me worry. How hard can it be to communicate a firmware structure?

Different people are at different firmware levels for a reason.
There are many classes of users.
I'll try to give the list I saw somewhere from memory but I'll probably miss one or two.

Internal Ooma testers
Ooma employees
External beta testers
External Pilot users
Everyone else.
They can't do a general release to everyone until the previous groups check out the release candidate for major problems.
#50698 by wrj
Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 am
murphy wrote:
wrj wrote:When I got my Telo it came with (or was updated to) 33190. It is still there. I could see others were at 32829 on this forum. I have no idea of how Ooma handles firmware upgrades. Other products I have are very clear on what the current version is and the changes of each version of firmware. This does not give me a high degree of confidence and makes me worry. How hard can it be to communicate a firmware structure?

I'll try to give the list I saw somewhere from memory but I'll probably miss one or two.

Internal Ooma testers
Ooma employees
External beta testers
External Pilot users
Everyone else.
They can't do a general release to everyone until the previous groups check out the release candidate for major problems.

murphy:

Thanks for that explanation. However, I would assume from this that wildbill, myself, and those still at 32829 are in different groups (since we have different versions of firmware). Did I interpret this correctly? But I have no knowledge of being in a group or what my responsibility is if I'm in a group other than just plain user. I've been in beta groups for other products and usually have a special area of a web page for reporting issues on the release I'm testing.
#50699 by Groundhound
Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:18 pm
wrj wrote:
murphy wrote:

Internal Ooma testers
Ooma employees
External beta testers
External Pilot users
Everyone else.

murphy:

Thanks for that explanation. However, I would assume from this that wildbill, myself, and those still at 32829 are in different groups (since we have different versions of firmware). Did I interpret this correctly? But I have no knowledge of being in a group or what my responsibility is if I'm in a group other than just plain user. I've been in beta groups for other products and usually have a special area of a web page for reporting issues on the release I'm testing.

AFAIK the "External Pilot Users" are a subset of "Everyone else" in the list above, and are just the first of the general users that are selected to receive the update. Since they didn't volunteer they don't have any responsibility to report findings, but I'm sure Ooma appreciates any constructive input.
#50701 by wildbill
Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:00 pm
murphy:

AFAIK the "External Pilot Users" are a subset of "Everyone else" in the list above, and are just the first of the general users that are selected to receive the update. Since they didn't volunteer they don't have any responsibility to report findings, but I'm sure Ooma appreciates any constructive input.

Well I have made a few test calls and normal calls and I must say that the outbound audio clipping (breaking up) issue is gone. its solid.. seems the calls completes faster and no lag wait on the call to connect. (ring)

I wish I could say ok it works fine ooma.. no more updates.. and old saying "Don't fix it if it works"

Thanks ooma! good firmware update. :) for my telo using ooma phone number no landline and Im using a normal cordless phone.
#50735 by kruegs
Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:14 am
Color me confused like others in this thread after receiving 1.35170 on my Telo last night, searching for firmware notes/changes and coming up empty. ;)
#50750 by 2spirit
Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 am
kruegs wrote:Color me confused like others in this thread after receiving 1.35170 on my Telo last night, searching for firmware notes/changes and coming up empty. ;)

My guess would be that those at 35170 are among the group of "Pilot" users. Firmware notes are probably not posted until the general release of the firmware to all users. I'm still at 32829. Have you noticed any change/improvement in the service with the new firmware? Wildbill seems to have seen noticeable improvement :!: