Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#50663 by aviateur
Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:53 am
It would be nice to have an option to remove the Ooma little jingle music ahead of the dialtone.
My fax machine does not like it when it needs to dial out and it also delays by 1 or 2 seconds the dial out without serving any purpose than telling you ooma is on your line which you already know since you are the owner of the line.
In addition, what matters it to make the phone devices behind the telo think there is no difference between the regular telco and ooma.

Please let us have an option to remove this obnoxious Ooma music ahead of the dialtone.
#50685 by southsound
Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 am
marksfamily84 wrote:You have the power to do that now. GO to preference system. Tone dropdown. DISABLE. Done!

Actually, that is for the "connection tone" and has nothing to do with the ooma dialtone (the first tone you hear as you pick up the phone). The actual ooma dialtone cannot currently be disabled. Many of us have come to view that little jingle as the "I'm saving money with ooma" tone - but if it interferes with ancillary equipment, I would join the group that wants to have an option to turn it off.