Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#50500 by khmer.ooma
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:20 am
Just want to share this incident if it happens to anyone !
when i activated my ooma i did checked the "automatic opt out " on premier.
next day i went into my account to double check to make sure the automatic opt-out is "checked" and it did.
now it has been a few months, i went in today and see the premier is automatic opt-in and ready to subcribe in 155 day.
so i check the opt-out again then save it. will see in the next month if it will happening again.
#50590 by Bobby B
Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 am
Thanks for reporting the problem - it looks you opted out of Premier on 2/19 so we're correctly saving your Opt Out preference.

This sounds like a My Ooma issue reading the preference from our backend system - I'll file a bug to investigate.
#50635 by Dr. Zoltar
Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:27 pm
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but the same exact thing happened on my account. I opted out of Premier in Feb. I just logged in today to see this:

Your service level is: Premier, Free Trial
Free trial ends in 0 days
Opt out Ooma Premier

So I opted out again. I'll try to check my credit card statement when it arrives. I just hope I don't get charged for premier.
#51500 by Hollywood
Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:43 pm
I posted this same problem along with others several weeks ago and it is still an issue. In my case, an Ooma moderator appeared to manually correct this for me and other posters.

It's one thing to have a software bug and have errors until they are discovered, but this has been reported for quite some time and there are users still reporting this. If you charge customers for something they didn't authorize even by accident or mistake, it's still fraud. I worked in retail much of my life and our company had high standards, but for mistakes that were found by Weights & Measures, we were always were still issued citations.

I would hope Ooma is not intentionally trying to mis-charge customers, but this known problem has not been fixed in a timely manor and it makes you wonder.

I am an Ooma customer as well as my mom, neighbor, and a close friend. I thinks it's great and am posting this to remind Ooma that their credibility is on the line, and I don't want them to fail!
#51527 by bw1
Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:00 am
tonylukac wrote:Hope this isn't a scam. Will deactivate the credit card if necessary.

FYI, there is no way to remove your credit card info directly from the my.ooma website. I think it can be removed by contacting Ooma. See - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3592

Hollywood wrote:It's one thing to have a software bug and have errors until they are discovered, but this has been reported for quite some time and there are users still reporting this. If you charge customers for something they didn't authorize even by accident or mistake, it's still fraud.

For it to be fraud, it has to be intentional. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud

Based on what I've seen and read, I don't think Ooma is intentionally trying to charge for services that weren't ordered by customers.

However, I agree that they need to work on improving their billing and software bugs on the website. These problems can really affect the company's reputation and sales.
#51564 by Hollywood
Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:00 pm
UPDATE

As of tonight, Sunday 3-28-2010, both mine and my friends Account setting had the option to Opt Out again, meaning his would be charged in 7 days if he didn't notice, and mine in 96 days (had 6 month Premier from Costco purchase).

I have been telling friends to switch to Ooma, but I can not suggest my friends to switch if there is a probability they will be charged for something they "opt" out of.

Can a moderator confirm that Ooma is working on this problem, or should I call support?

Thanks.
(BTW, both mine and my friends were AGAIN manually Opt'ed out again tonight)
#51567 by DTMF
Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:53 am
Hollywood wrote:Can a moderator confirm that Ooma is working on this problem, or should I call support?

Moderator BobbyB promised (above) on March 16 to file a bug report. If the bug report is in their system, the bug will be fixed eventually.