Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#50489 by puterabbi
Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:51 am
Request for improvement:

I do not want to keep a permanent record, either on or off my computer,
of CALL LOGS.

I want to be able to delete my CALL LOGS, wholesale.
That is, with hundreds of calls stored there, I want to delete them all at once.
I don't want them stored on my computer, where I can see them,
and I would prefer to be able to erase them from oom's system, too.
PRIVACY, P L E A S E.
#50491 by murphy
Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:03 am
puterabbi wrote:Request for improvement:

I do not want to keep a permanent record, either on or off my computer,
of CALL LOGS.

I want to be able to delete my CALL LOGS, wholesale.
That is, with hundreds of calls stored there, I want to delete them all at once.
I don't want them stored on my computer, where I can see them,
and I would prefer to be able to erase them from oom's system, too.
PRIVACY, P L E A S E.

They are deleted automatically after 60 days.
#50530 by PTS
Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:00 pm
Obviously this customer wants to delete calls without waiting for them to age 60 days. I too would like the functionality to delete one or many call records on demand.
#50531 by tommies
Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:52 pm
I think I understand the OP. However, on the otherside (i.e. law enforcement) I don't think you can actually delete your call record from Ooma server.

If the FBI (for exemple) come with a warrant, they will get your calling record. Ooma and other telco are required by law to keep it
#50536 by southsound
Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:15 pm
tommies wrote:I think I understand the OP. However, on the otherside (i.e. law enforcement) I don't think you can actually delete your call record from Ooma server.

If the FBI (for exemple) come with a warrant, they will get your calling record. Ooma and other telco are required by law to keep it

This is why in the late 60's early 70's, as I was pursuing my career as a "conceptual artist" I used a briefcase IMTS phone. At that time, SF and Oakland shared 11 channels and had not implemented IMTS so you had to give the operator your billing information. Local news outlets in the Bay Area were a great source of free calling. Of course, I'd never do that now. Now I have ooma! :P

#50606 by highq
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:13 pm
southsound wrote:Image

My word! I was peddling, or trying to peddle, the Attache Phone in New York City back in the day. I'd not thought of it in all that time. I thought I still had it, stashed away next to my TRS-12, but no...
#62356 by oomg
Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:07 am
The way i see the problem, being able to delete calls randomly defeats the purpose of having a call log. Perhaps being able to opt out of call logs entirely would work for those who are concerned about prying eyes.