Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3097 by brwilliams
Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:45 pm
It seems people's concern about what they need to do about their DVR needing to be plugged into a wall jack line in order for their satellite TV system to be updated, is a barrier to entry for many into ooma. Maybe ooma should consider offering a device, for a small charge, that would act similar to a scout so that the DVR could be plugged into the wall jack without issue. Maybe this device could cost half what the scout costs thereby reducing this barrier to entry.
#3106 by av8rdude
Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:42 pm
brwilliams wrote:It seems people's concern about what they need to do about their DVR needing to be plugged into a wall jack line in order for their satellite TV system to be updated, is a barrier to entry for many into ooma. Maybe ooma should consider offering a device, for a small charge, that would act similar to a scout so that the DVR could be plugged into the wall jack without issue. Maybe this device could cost half what the scout costs thereby reducing this barrier to entry.

Just send the dial tone from the "phone" outlet on the hub to your entire house wiring. Then all your outlets will work and the satellite will work. Plus you can send the "wall" outlet to the house to allow the scouts to work. That's what I do and everything works in my house including my caller ID on my directv box. But most satellite boxes will connect via cat5 these days, too.

Cheers,
Scott