Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#50322 by Kramer
Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:26 am
Hi, just got ooma telo on our home phone, using ATT Uverse Modem. Wondering if it's possible to run another ooma telo off same ATT modem for home business line? Or will there be a conflict between two devices or the handsets.

Any feed-back or suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
#50324 by murphy
Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:49 am
The best approach is to connect the two units behind your router.
If you do put them in series, it is imperative that you change the IP address range that one of them issues or nothing will work correctly.

I have a Telo and a hub behind my router and they work fine.
#50345 by Kramer
Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:29 pm
murphy wrote:The best approach is to connect the two units behind your router.
If you do put them in series, it is imperative that you change the IP address range that one of them issues or nothing will work correctly.

Thank you Murphy
#55095 by mikercycler
Sun May 09, 2010 3:21 pm
murphy wrote:The best approach is to connect the two units behind your router.

Hello Murphy,

I have a question for you about your set up...

At this time, I only have the one Core Hub/Scout system that I just bought.... but eventually, I might also get a Telo.

Why do the installation instructions have you put the Hub between the Modem and the wireless router I have? How does it affect perfromance if I choose to put it behind the router? If I would get two systems, I would do as you say, and put them both behind a router.

Thanks,
Michael
#55182 by Aveamantium
Mon May 10, 2010 11:24 am
A) Because it eliminates the potential of the router's firewall causing voice issues and B) if you have the Ooma device between the modem and the router you can use the Ooma's QOS functionality for call quality.

As for performance, you'll need to rely on the router for Qos. No performance loss, can just be a little more complicated depending on your router.