Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3043 by cedbob
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:02 am
I have a two line setup on the premium service. When I get a call and pick it up on a hub connected phone, how can I have someone pick up a scout connected phone and not get a second line? This is very frustrating to have to carry a hub connected cordless phone to a remote location covered by the scout.
#3044 by koehn
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:10 am
If I recall correctly, the person on the cordless handset can press the "flash" button to switch to the other line.

It's a bit unusual, and I wish that you could put the called on "hold" or something using the scout (e.g., by pushing the "forward" button on the scout), so that whomever next picks up the phone would get the call, instead of another dial tone.
#3050 by inrame
Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:45 am
yeah, it defaults to a new line when someone picks up a phone when it is not ringing (there are pluses and minuses to having it work both ways).

as koehn stated, you can have them press "flash" or simply press the "line 1" button on the scout.

there are no ways to change this default behavior that i know of.