Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#49745 by Ancalagon
Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 pm
5 year old Wireless B Integrated Cable Modem/Router -> OOMA Telo -> home computer

I’ve been lurking in these forums for about a month now. In spite of that, I decided that OOMA was likely to provide a reasonable solution to my desire to escape from the monthly telephone bill. I ordered the Telo from Amazon and began psyching myself up for the inevitable battle of wills between myself and the technology, the call center and the ‘email black hole’. The box arrived on Friday evening. I decided to wait until Saturday morning to launch the attack.

6:20am - Saturday morning, I opened the box and was caught off guard by the seductive scent of new electronics. Steadying myself, I unpacked the box and began the install process. I carefully documented every step so I could defend my actions later in the court of customer support.

6:31am – activated device on ooma.com

6:54am – Turned off the router and connected cables.

7:02am – Power on.

7:13am – OOMA LOGO began frantically flashing RED, the system went dark, all lights turned on BLUE except for the “Play” button which was calmly flashing RED.

7:27am – Not knowing quite what else to do, I started making phone calls to my office voicemail account. It worked! I retrieved the voicemail I just left myself. I called and retrieved voicemail while watching HULU on the attached computer. I called the OOMA phone number from my existing home phone line! I was starting to wish I had friends who got up this early on a Saturday morning.

Day 1 – so far, I’m totally stoked!
#49763 by nitecourt
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm
There may be a few bumps down the road but stick with it. So far Ooma has been the best VOIP provider I've had. I've been using different services since 2003.
#49796 by daet
Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:18 am
Ancalagon wrote:7:13am – OOMA LOGO began frantically flashing RED, the system went dark, all lights turned on BLUE except for the “Play” button which was calmly flashing RED.
Day 1 – so far, I’m totally stoked!

Glad things are working well for you. Just so you know, a slowly flashing RED play button indicates that you have voicemail. The first time, it will guide you through setting up your VM.

DG