Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#49542 by whn
Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:56 am
the reason is, 1 caller calls me a lot and it floods my call log, it's not a telemarketer, its a welcomed caller.

I would love the ability to not have this number appear in my call logs so I can easily see missed called and not have to scroll through this repetitive caller that calls me.

THANKS!
#49545 by oomg
Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:27 am
Although it appears that you may have a legitimate reason for your suggestion, it would defeat the purpose of having a call log; i.e. to have a complete record of all calls. Perhaps it might help to have a fourth category in the call log; one for "missed" calls where a message has been left, and a second for "missed" calls without a message.
#49550 by murphy
Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:03 am
It could be set up to work the way the call log in my desk phone works. If the same caller calls multiple times with no intervening calls, the date and time of the most recent call is given with a count of how many calls have been received from that caller.
#49553 by whn
Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:28 am
murphy wrote:It could be set up to work the way the call log in my desk phone works. If the same caller calls multiple times with no intervening calls, the date and time of the most recent call is given with a count of how many calls have been received from that caller.

that sounds good, like perhaps batch them together if they are repetitive. then like expand them to show the times.

(FOLDER ICON) 555-555-5555

click on folder icon expands the folder to show all the date stamps of that same caller that day.

EXPANDED

555-555-5555 10:30 AM
555-555-5555 11:00 AM

etc. etc.
#52003 by amoney
Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:06 pm
oomg wrote:Although it appears that you may have a legitimate reason for your suggestion, it would defeat the purpose of having a call log; i.e. to have a complete record of all calls. Perhaps it might help to have a fourth category in the call log; one for "missed" calls where a message has been left, and a second for "missed" calls without a message.

You can already "filter" the log to view only missed calls or outgoing or incoming or any combination of the three just by selecting the option to the left. I did not even realize it at first.

If Ooma could create another filter option to exclude a certain number that would indeed solve the request, yet preserving the chronological log order for me so I dont have to for example click to expand numbers to see details, its already there a single page that I simply scroll through, quick, simple, convienent.
#52016 by whn
Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:24 pm
allowing the ability to group the same number in it's on folder would do wonders.

One person calls me many times, it clutters the Received, Missed and Incoming logs,

I dont mind the call, I just dont want this number to flood the call list, which it does

makes it kinda hard to see all the other calls when this call is the majority of the page and then 1 or 2 other calls