Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#49075 by murphy
Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:33 pm
khmer.ooma wrote:did i missread somewhere ?
is ooma (Telo only) charging $12 for annual fee ?
anyone know about this ? :cry:

Regulatory Recovery Fee $11.75 per year

https://www.ooma.com/legal/rates
#49153 by DTMF
Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 am
They're only passing along the fee that the US government is charging them. What's wrong with that?
#52492 by fareal
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 am
If I buy an Ooma Core today does it have this annual fee as well?

I know that if you bought the Core last year, it does not. But not sure if they officially put the fee in place for new Core customers in 2010.
#52493 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:53 am
fareal wrote:If I buy an Ooma Core today does it have this annual fee as well?

I know that if you bought the Core last year, it does not. But not sure if they officially put the fee in place for new Core customers in 2010.

As far as I know, ooma hasn't changed the terms and conditions for the Hub/Scout combo (Core) units if you activate never activated units.

For those paying the $11.75 per year (A fee for regulatory recovery and other costs of $11.75 per year applies in the second year of the service and beyond and is subject to change), I think that just changed. Check this out.
#52849 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:56 pm
lbmofo wrote:For those paying the $11.75 per year (A fee for regulatory recovery and other costs of $11.75 per year applies in the second year of the service and beyond and is subject to change), I think that just changed. Check this out.

Never mind, I guess it didn't change. If your box says $11.75 per year, it will still be $11.75 per year according to this ooma staff.