Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#2905 by Buggy222
Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:00 pm
I understand the logic of getting an Ooma tone when I pick up to dial, it assures me that I am being routed thru Ooma and not my landline provider. But why does the party I am calling have to hear an Ooma tone as well when they pick up? My wife is complaining about it to the point where it might be a deal breaker.

Is there a way to disable this second tone, or any plans to make it optional? I would really like to find a way to make Ooma work for me and also to support Ooma thru a premium service subscription, but the musical tone is getting to be an issue.

If others would prefer to turn it off, perhaps they can add their comments to this thread.
#2930 by Mojo
Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:42 pm
The option to turn off the ooma connect tone from the Lounge should be coming in about 1-2 weeks. You can also call into customer support if you wish to disable the tone right now (i.e. you don't want to wait).

Thanks!
#2936 by inrame
Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:50 pm
i would guess it is there for marketing reasons which i am not opposed to (i really want ooma to succeed)!!! however i do recognize it is a little annoying because it tends to make the greeting of the callers a little awkward.

suggestion... would it be possible to make the volume of the tone about 50% of what it is now? the tone would still be noticeable, but subtle enough not to overpower whoever is speaking.

the great thing about this is most callers would probably just blow it off, but overtime i think what this would do is get the caller to say -- "hey what is that funny music every time you call?" which then gets the conversation going about the product! assuming the call quality is good, this is great marketing!!