Telemarketing Calls increase as Free Trial ends

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
loznoon

Telemarketing Calls increase as Free Trial ends

Post by loznoon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:23 am

Is it just me or does the number of telemarketing calls increase as the free Premier trial comes to an end?

Regards,
Loz

hpepper

Re: Telemarketing Calls increase as Free Trial ends

Post by hpepper » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 am

Do you mean AFTER it ends? Were you using the community blacklist feature? also, did you port a number that was recently ported? Also, have you updated your number on the government Do-Not-Call-List?

It could be a number of reasons calls increase.

loznoon

Post by loznoon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:34 am

The free trial ends in the next day or so and in the last 10 days I've started to receive several telemarketing calls a day. I have not used any of the blacklist features as I was not being troubled with calls at the start of my free trial. I added the number to the Do Not Call list immediately I registered 2 months back and I did not port my number. If this was something that happened to a lot of OOMA users I was thinking OOMA might have a telemarketing company on their books and it might be a sneaky way of OOMA getting you to take up the Premier service.

Cheers,
Loz

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:42 am

Hello,

Yes, since trial premiere is active on your account,
I would take advantage of blacklisting those numbers.

loznoon

Post by loznoon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:11 am

Does using the blacklist feature during the free trial mean I'll automatically start getting charged for Premier once the trial ends?

Cheers,
Loz

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:20 am

loznoon wrote:Does using the blacklist feature during the free trial mean I'll automatically start getting charged for Premier once the trial ends?

Cheers,
Loz
No, it depends on whether you have a hub or a Telo.
With the hub you drop to basic when the trial ends.
With the Telo, if you don't opt out, you go on monthly Premier.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:19 pm

murphy wrote:With the hub you drop to basic when the trial ends.
You drop to "Basic" or "Core"? I was under the impression the latter had a slightly different feature set. Used to be voicemail, name caller-id and no taxes, but after the reversal, voicemail became common to both. My trial hasn't expired so I don't know what actually happens and what plan they actually put you on so am just trying to clarify.

I should specify Ooma Hub originally from an Ooma Core bundle (as opposed to the standalone Ooma Hub)

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:37 pm

sfhub wrote:
murphy wrote:With the hub you drop to basic when the trial ends.
You drop to "Basic" or "Core"? I was under the impression the latter had a slightly different feature set. Used to be voicemail, name caller-id and no taxes, but after the reversal, voicemail became common to both. My trial hasn't expired so I don't know what actually happens and what plan they actually put you on so am just trying to clarify.

I should specify Ooma Hub originally from an Ooma Core bundle (as opposed to the standalone Ooma Hub)
Premier should end with no further action on your part.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx