Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#2752 by todd_e
Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:15 pm
I sent an email to port my existing Vonage number over to ooma (with the completed forms) on 2/3/09. I have not heard anything back - no confirmation that the email was received, no confirmation that the necessary documents were received, no confirmation that the port process has started or failed to start due to lack of documentation.

I sent an email via the Lounge email support option this afternoon (2/09/09) - no response, or even acknowledgment that the message was received yet.

I called customer support today, 2/09/09 around 4pm Eastern time. I sat on hold for 20 minutes, then was dumped into a voicemail box.

If I don't get a response on this issue by the end of this week (2/13/09), I will return my hub and scout to Best Buy for a refund, and dispute the $99 charge for the Premier service with my credit card company.

Get a clue folks. No one will put up with this kind of lousy service for something essential like a phone line, no matter how cheap it may be.

[Update 2/27/09]
I did receive the following email on 2/10/09:
===================================================
This email is to acknowledge that we've received all the necessary information to submit your port request.

We will notify you via email once we've received an expected due date for your port completion.

Please remember not to cancel your phone service with your previous provider associated with this phone number until we send you confirmation that your porting process has been completed.

If you have any questions or concerns you can reach us Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm PST, Sat-Sun 8am to 5pm PST at 888-711-6662 (ooma).

Thank you,

Jennifer
loa@ooma.com
===================================================

It's now 2/27/09, and I still haven't received "an expected due date" for my port completion, much less the actual port being done.

I sent them an email yesterday, and have not seen a response yet. I'm not going to bother sitting on hold for 20 minutes so I can leave a voicemail.

It's been 3 weeks since I submitted the paperwork for the port. It's supposed to take 3-4 weeks to complete the port, and they haven't even given me an expected due date yet?

Those of you who have actually talked to a live person, could you please post the number you called and the date, time, and time zone you called from?
Last edited by todd_e on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
#2759 by southsound
Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:32 pm
I have had several questions both pre-sales and post installation that I have either used email or phone to resolve. In every case, the person replying was polite, knowledgeable, and took care of my issue or question. I know that it may take a little while for the folks to answer the support line, but I am willing to wait to be connected to a person in the US that can take care of my issues without the need for a second followup.

I humbly suggest that you try again to call the 1-866-452-6662 number when you don't mind waiting a little while. If you approach them with the right attitude, chances are good that your issue will be resolved to your satisfaction.
#2769 by WayneDsr
Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:52 pm
I have to add that I have never had an issue with customer support. I called support durning the week, late morning and they picked right up. A second time I called them and was on hold for 10 minutes. In contrast I called AT&T today and was on hold for 20 minutes.

I've emailed ooma support and got a response back on the same day I sent it.

I guess it just depends on the time of day or the traffic calling support, just as with any company.

Happy with ooma!
Wayne
#2772 by trim81
Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:48 pm
todd_e wrote:I sent an email to port my existing Vonage number over to ooma (with the completed forms) on 2/3/09. I have not heard anything back - no confirmation that the email was received, no confirmation that the necessary documents were received, no confirmation that the port process has started or failed to start due to lack of documentation.

I sent an email via the Lounge email support option this afternoon (2/09/09) - no response, or even acknowledgment that the message was received yet.

I called customer support today, 2/09/09 around 4pm Eastern time. I sat on hold for 20 minutes, then was dumped into a voicemail box.

If I don't get a response on this issue by the end of this week (2/13/09), I will return my hub and scout to Best Buy for a refund, and dispute the $99 charge for the Premier service with my credit card company.

Get a clue folks. No one will put up with this kind of lousy service for something essential like a phone line, no matter how cheap it may be.

lol- don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Ooma is the BEST THING since slice bread.

(sarcasm aside though: Porting process for any company (landline and VOIP, cell company not included) generally takes about 3-4 weeks
#2916 by ooma.cares
Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:16 pm
mmm. strange. I had great experience with OOMA support, whenever I contacted them; be it by email or by phone. In fact I always wondered how can they have such a short wait time of phone calls. I must admin I didn't have to call them recently, may be due to un-failing exceptional quality product and service?

(May be the stars were determined to give you trouble that day. To be serious though, I was a Vonage customer and they don't let you part easy.

Try again, before taking any rash action.)

OOMA rocks!
#3263 by oomg
Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:08 am
I am a new user/subscriber. Rather than complain about customer service, I will simply make a suggestion for improvement. Here is what happened to me:

Called at 8:00 a.m. Got a message to the effect that due to large volume of calls, there would be some lengthy delay in answering my call (10 minutes... 20 minutes or.. but no problem here) which I was willing to accept. After several minutes, a message came on to the effect that my call should be answered in approximately two minutes. That same message repeated every two minutes or so for 10-15 minutes. Then another message came on that said that no one was available to take my call.

It would probably be better to just tell the caller up front that no one is there to take the call, and/or ask each caller to leave name and number (and perhaps a good time to return the call).

I really don't mind waiting if the call is going to be answered. I just find it a bit frustrating to hold for some lengthy period of time before being told that there is no one to accept the call.

oomg
#3265 by murphy
Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:07 am
What time zone are you in?
Here are their published hours:

Prefer to talk on the phone? You can reach us at 1-888-711-6662. We're here to take your calls Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 5pm, PST.

Unless you are in the Pacific time zone, there was no one there when you called.
#3267 by oomg
Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:25 am
murphy wrote:What time zone are you in?
Here are their published hours:

Prefer to talk on the phone? You can reach us at 1-888-711-6662. We're here to take your calls Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 5pm, PST.

Unless you are in the Pacific time zone, there was no one there when you called.

Yes... Pacific Time Zone. Actually the first time I called (a couple minutes before 8:00 a.m.) I got a "closed" message. After waiting a couple minutes, I called back and received the series of messages detailed above.

oomg
#3611 by mtolson
Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:51 pm
I would have to agree with the original poster. I sent my paperwork back in about a month ago and no reply what so ever. I don't even know if they have it. I have sent two emails via the website over the past week and not a single reply to either.

Great product, bad customer service.