Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#46342 by markdes
Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 pm
Can I take my Ooma hub with me to another location, plug it in to the Internet connection there and have it work like I was at home?

thanks,
Mark
#46345 by hpepper
Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 pm
markdes wrote:Can I take my Ooma hub with me to another location, plug it in to the Internet connection there and have it work like I was at home?

thanks,
Mark

Normally it should work. There are factors where quality might be a problem, depending on the connection speed and quality. If it is a home setup where you can plug into a router or into a broadband modem, it should work.

I have tried mine at 3 other locations and it worked fine - and my home number rang wherever I had my hub.
#46350 by southsound
Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:19 pm
markdes wrote:Can I take my Ooma hub with me to another location, plug it in to the Internet connection there and have it work like I was at home?

thanks,
Mark

Many folks do this with a vacation home or when on an extended visit. If some of the ports are blocked (as in the case of a business location) it may not work. If the location is served by a wireless Internet service, it may not work well. In a lot of cases, it is great.

One extremely important issue: Always make sure to update your location information in my.ooma.com so that E911 always has a valid address for where the unit is located. In an emergency, you don't want to have the wrong address for emergency repsonders.
#46414 by dsinternet
Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:49 pm
I take my telo with me when I stay with my family in Milwaukee (350 miles away) ,plug in the power, plug into their router, put the battery back into the Telo Handset and I am good to go. Setup takes about 5 minutes and that's mainly geting them out of the box. I don't know if the Hub is this easy, but I love how the Telo handset is wireless.