Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#46291 by nynate
Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 am
Please add my vote to those requesting the ability to disable the first and second Ooma connection tones.
Right now there is an option to disable the second tone but i would like to disable the first one too. I would like my phone to sound like a regular POTS line when i make a call. Thanks.
#46293 by southsound
Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 am
nynate wrote:Please add my vote to those requesting the ability to disable the first and second Ooma connection tones.
Right now there is an option to disable the second tone but i would like to disable the first one too. I would like my phone to sound like a regular POTS line when i make a call. Thanks.

Just curious - why is it so important to disable the ooma dialtone? Although it is a little different from the stanard A440 dialtone we have had since the 50's, I don't find it to be a problem. I've been using my hub for a year now and my Telo since August - even my wife who is technology adverse - is not put off by it. What I do like is the ability to make great quality phone calls anywhere in the US for free. I like to think of the ooma ditty as the "you're saving money" tone.

This isn't a flame or me saying you don't have a valid request. I'm just wondering why it is a big deal?
#46300 by murphy
Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 am
Or take the phone off hook and count to four before you bring the receiver to your ear.
#46315 by amoney
Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:29 am
I can say this, first the ooma dial tone throws off the fax machine, hence the needed pause. Second, I prefer my answering machine (I have dont need to check home messages while away, if its important, people have my mobile), anyways when a person hangs up Ooma dial tone begins again and my answering machine interprets this tone as part of the message so I get this clip at the end of each of my answering messages.

Its no big deal, but it would be nice to have that option.
#46332 by Mike-o-Matic
Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 pm
Personally, i like the Ooma dialtone. It reminds me, every time I make a call, that AT&T is not yanking any cheddar out of my wallet :D