Ability to disable first and second Ooma tones

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
nynate

Ability to disable first and second Ooma tones

Post by nynate » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 am

Please add my vote to those requesting the ability to disable the first and second Ooma connection tones.
Right now there is an option to disable the second tone but i would like to disable the first one too. I would like my phone to sound like a regular POTS line when i make a call. Thanks.

southsound

Re: Ability to disable first and second Ooma tones

Post by southsound » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 am

nynate wrote:Please add my vote to those requesting the ability to disable the first and second Ooma connection tones.
Right now there is an option to disable the second tone but i would like to disable the first one too. I would like my phone to sound like a regular POTS line when i make a call. Thanks.
Just curious - why is it so important to disable the ooma dialtone? Although it is a little different from the stanard A440 dialtone we have had since the 50's, I don't find it to be a problem. I've been using my hub for a year now and my Telo since August - even my wife who is technology adverse - is not put off by it. What I do like is the ability to make great quality phone calls anywhere in the US for free. I like to think of the ooma ditty as the "you're saving money" tone.

This isn't a flame or me saying you don't have a valid request. I'm just wondering why it is a big deal?
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 am

If it bothers you dial your number and then hit talk and you'll never hear it...
Go AVS!

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 am

Or take the phone off hook and count to four before you bring the receiver to your ear.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

amoney

Post by amoney » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:29 am

I can say this, first the ooma dial tone throws off the fax machine, hence the needed pause. Second, I prefer my answering machine (I have dont need to check home messages while away, if its important, people have my mobile), anyways when a person hangs up Ooma dial tone begins again and my answering machine interprets this tone as part of the message so I get this clip at the end of each of my answering messages.

Its no big deal, but it would be nice to have that option.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

Mike-o-Matic

Post by Mike-o-Matic » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Personally, i like the Ooma dialtone. It reminds me, every time I make a call, that AT&T is not yanking any cheddar out of my wallet :D
Customer Since: November 2009.
Number Port: ordered 12/14/09; completed 01/07/10.
Hardware: one Hub, one Scout, one Telo.
Service Level: Annual Premier.