Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#45583 by NB2A
Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:54 am
Is there any info or plans to interface Ooma with some kind of free voip cell phone use like google voice with sipdroid?
I have a motorola droid and cannot see why not one person has developed a software configuration to accomplish this.
It would be a great ability to use your cell phone via wifi for example and use your local broadband access to make free phone calls.
#45586 by ggilman
Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:10 am
Ooma has announced an iPhone app to allow you to connect from the iPhone to ooma. It was presented at CES but hasn't hit the streets yet. I assume at some point, they'd do the same for Android but it's not written yet.
#45618 by ggilman
Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:25 am
t4feb wrote:What about blackberry

The iPhone version is running and has been demonstrated; just not released. I believe they plan on working blackberry and android after that but haven't heard anything about actual progress on either platform.
#45667 by gregg098
Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:46 pm
Along with the iPhone app, there was also mention of allowing for SIP connections (which you could use with SIPDroid). No word on release dates or costs (if any).