Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#45543 by teacup775
Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:46 pm
Support just ported the wrong number. The converted my cell phone number instead of my land line. Given that I specified the _land_line_ phone number (YYY)-(YYY)-(YYYY) I don't know how many times, I find this mistake really disappointing. You'd think the porter would care to he's porting the correct number on an account that has more than one phone.

Now my cell is going to be offline for 5 days, until ATT can restore it.

The first problem had been that support dropped the ball contacting me when they didn't have the correct account access information.

It might be a good idea for porters to check which number should be swapped out. Although it is possible they where given my _contact_ number resulting from a support call. But I feel they where just careless and grabbed the first handy number listed in my att online account.

The landline number was specified in the request form and communicated several times over the phone.
#45566 by murphy
Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:38 am
I take it that your land line and your cell phone were on the same account.
Which number was the master account number?
If it was the land line number, that explains your problem.
Porting away the master phone number from an account causes the entire account to automatically be closed.
If the land line was the master billing number, you should have had ATT switch your numbers so that the cell phone was the master account number before you submitted the port of the land line number.
#45568 by DHayesJr
Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:31 am
When I ported my landline number in Dec 2009, I had no problem, and the transaction only took 10 days.
Both my landline and cell phones were ATT, and the main billing number was the landline. Cell phones were not affected.
On the day of the transfer, Ooma attempted to call the landline twice (but we were not home at the time) but the switch over interupted landline service for only about 15 minutes, with Ooma active during this time.