Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#58802 by essential
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:39 am
murphy wrote:
essential wrote:i have the original ooma hub, before i spend $9.99 on the app, can i use it, or is this for telo customers only?

Do you see Mobile in the left column?

Yes, but it says I have to add funds in order to use it? So I pay $9.99 for the app and still pay per minute? Am I reading this correctly?
#58804 by murphy
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:46 am
essential wrote:
murphy wrote:
essential wrote:i have the original ooma hub, before i spend $9.99 on the app, can i use it, or is this for telo customers only?

Do you see Mobile in the left column?

Yes, but it says I have to add funds in order to use it? So I pay $9.99 for the app and still pay per minute? Am I reading this correctly?

There must be funds in your account so that if you exceed 250 minutes they can charge you for them.
#58810 by bw1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:56 am
murphy wrote:
essential wrote:Yes, but it says I have to add funds in order to use it? So I pay $9.99 for the app and still pay per minute? Am I reading this correctly?

There must be funds in your account so that if you exceed 250 minutes they can charge you for them.

Just for clarification - you only get 250 minutes included if you have a Premier subscription. You don't have to have Premier, but then all calls are 1.9 cents per minute.

However, you have to add at least $10 to your Prepaid account on my.ooma regardless of your Account service level (Premier, Core, Basic).

Note that Ooma Mobile to Ooma calls are free, so for a one time charge of $19.99 you can call home to your Ooma or to friends and family with Ooma.
#58852 by highq
Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 am
bw1 wrote:Note that Ooma Mobile to Ooma calls are free, so for a one time charge of $19.99 you can call home to your Ooma or to friends and family with Ooma.

My cell phone carrier, Verizon, allows always-free calls to my list of up-to-ten "Friends and Family" numbers, so for me (and anyone else whose carrier provides something similar) that ain't no kind of bargain. ;)
#58857 by bw1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:14 am
highq wrote:
bw1 wrote:Note that Ooma Mobile to Ooma calls are free, so for a one time charge of $19.99 you can call home to your Ooma or to friends and family with Ooma.

My cell phone carrier, Verizon, allows always-free calls to my list of up-to-ten "Friends and Family" numbers, so for me (and anyone else whose carrier provides something similar) that ain't no kind of bargain. ;)

Plus, if you add your Google Voice number as one of those up-to-ten "Friends and Family" numbers, you can make unlimited calls to anyone in the U.S. (continental 48 states). And you pay your cell phone carrier, Verizon, a lot of money every month for that bargain. What, at least $89.99 per month for a two line family plan plus taxes and fees (less any employee discount). And if you want a "smart" phone, it's another $9.99 or $29.99 plus taxes and fees for a data plan. That's no bargain to me. ;)

Previously, I was paying about $35 per month to AT&T for pretty basic phone service (50 local calls per month and caller id with name). My current monthly phone bill is a whopping $0 per month.

I also have a cell phone for when I'm not at home or work or around an accessible Wifi hotspot, where I can use the Ooma app on my iPod. It's a prepaid cell phone which uses Verizon service and costs me $10 every 120 days (about $2.50 per month).
#58865 by ooma-fan
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 am
bw1 wrote:
highq wrote:
bw1 wrote:...

I also have a cell phone for when I'm not at home or work or around an accessible Wifi hotspot, where I can use the Ooma app on my iPod. It's a prepaid cell phone which uses Verizon service and costs me $10 every 120 days (about $2.50 per month).

I am trying to get a low cost prepaid cell phone, but the refill of Verizon prepaid expires in 30 days..
#58869 by bw1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:44 am
ooma-fan wrote:
bw1 wrote:...

I am trying to get a low cost prepaid cell phone, but the refill of Verizon prepaid expires in 30 days..

http://www.cellguru.net/prepaid_compare.htm
http://www.pagepluscellular.com/default.aspx
http://www.howardforums.com/forumdispla ... s-Cellular
#58876 by Quicksprj
Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:35 am
iPhone app is now on iTunes. So far works great on wifi and pretty good on 3G s's long as your not driving around losing good 3G reception.
#58966 by FreePhone
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:42 pm
I have to pay $10 for the app and only get 250 minutes, if I have the Premier service. If not then I have to pay 1.9 cents per minute. I don't have the Premier service, so I am not seeing a good deal for me with this app. My night and weekend long distance calls are free on my iPhone now. And free anytime I call any other AT&T user.