Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#47337 by BBBoT
Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 am
Bobby B wrote:Unfortunately it was released for sale in the App store by mistake. If you've purchase the App, you can forward your App store receipt to Ooma Support to get a refund (there isn't a way to issue refunds in the App store).

The server infrastructure to support the SIP App won't be available until mid-March at the earliest. We'll send a note out to the blog and newsletter when it's ready to go.

BBBoT wrote:The iPhone app is out - just doesn't seem to be working yet.
I saw it on the App store today for $9.99 and picked it up, but it always times out when trying to log in.

I intend to use the app once it works so I don't plan to request a refund for it unless it ends up getting delayed into April or later. I hope by the time it gets "officially" supported that it will also allow calling over 3G.
#47339 by Groundhound
Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 am
BBBoT wrote:
Bobby B wrote:Unfortunately it was released for sale in the App store by mistake. If you've purchase the App, you can forward your App store receipt to Ooma Support to get a refund (there isn't a way to issue refunds in the App store).

The server infrastructure to support the SIP App won't be available until mid-March at the earliest. We'll send a note out to the blog and newsletter when it's ready to go.

I saw it on the App store today for $9.99 and picked it up, but it always times out when trying to log in.

I intend to use the app once it works so I don't plan to request a refund for it unless it ends up getting delayed into April or later. I hope by the time it gets "officially" supported that it will also allow calling over 3G.

Just remember he said "mid-March at the earliest", so no firm commitment on release date has been made.
#47360 by scoutconnor
Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Three questions:
How will the refund be issued?
Will we need to repurchase the app in March?
Where exactly do we send the Receipt?
#47373 by Quicksprj
Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:49 pm
Thanks for the update Bobby. I will just keep it on my iPhone until it's working. It doesn't hurt anything on my end to have it unless it causes some problem on your end. If possible it would be great to incorporate an update with the release in March to allow calls over 3G network. That would be top notch to not even need wifi just 3G.
#58787 by ikko
Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:39 am
Can it support bluetooth headset ?
#58789 by essential
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:08 am
i have the original ooma hub, before i spend $9.99 on the app, can i use it, or is this for telo customers only?
#58791 by southsound
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:10 am
ikko wrote:Can it support bluetooth headset ?

It depends on your device. If you have an iPhone, yes. iPad or Touch, not so much. And it has nothing to do with the ooma app. Apple has chosen NOT to support BlueTooth Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.5) on the iPod Touch (2nd and 3rd generation) and the iPad. Unless you have a way to make the Touch and iPad able to use this profile, nothing that ooma can do will give you the option to use the headsets.

Here is the official list of profiles: Apple BlueTooth Supported Profiles
Last edited by southsound on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
#58798 by murphy
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:24 am
essential wrote:i have the original ooma hub, before i spend $9.99 on the app, can i use it, or is this for telo customers only?

Do you see Mobile in the left column?
#58799 by bw1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:24 am
essential wrote:i have the original ooma hub, before i spend $9.99 on the app, can i use it, or is this for telo customers only?

Q: Do I need to own an Ooma device to use Ooma Mobile?
A: Yes, you must have an Ooma Hub or Ooma Telo device with an account in good standing in order to use the Ooma Mobile application.