Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7953 by toddbecker
Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:30 pm
I suggested this independently as a feature, but will throw my $.02 in here as well. When a call is coming in, I would like to be able to use the trash can button to automatically direct the incoming number to my blacklist.
#7954 by bw1
Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:35 pm
That sounds like a good feature. How about also allowing us to do the same while we are listening to a telemarketer who will then hear that they're blocked. :)
#11819 by VagyokC4
Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:00 am
scots wrote:Allow us to select how each individual number on the blacklist is handled. I used to be with a VoIP provider who did this. At the time you added a number to the blacklist you selected how you wanted the call from that number to be handled. They had several options including sending directly to voicemail, playing a "your number is blocked" message, playing a "take my number off your list" message (for telemarketers), or giving the caller a busy signal.

I really like these options. Please implement this ASAP!!!
#13132 by JCtheWizard
Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:11 am
I'd like to add that it is dissappointing (to read in the BETA system post) that one can not use this feature at all unless you are using an ooma number OR have ported your number to ooma. Forwarding does not work for this, and many other features unless the call originates through ooma.

I do not understant the logic to this - what is the difference if the incoming call orginates with a nimber that then forwards to ooma?

Multi-ring does not work either - same considerations . . .
#13165 by niknak
Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:08 pm
...I do not understant the logic to this - what is the difference if the incoming call orginates with a nimber that then forwards to ooma?

It costs money every time ooma connects to POTS. That's why it is a premier feature
#13166 by Bobby B
Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:09 pm
The main reason Multi-Ring and Blacklisting doesn't work for forwarded numbers is because we haven't developed and tested proper safeguards for call routing loops. It's on our to-do list to eventually enable these features for forwarded calls. I think once we have this functionality, we can axe the "beta" tag from these features.

JCtheWizard wrote:I do not understant the logic to this - what is the difference if the incoming call orginates with a nimber that then forwards to ooma?

Multi-ring does not work either - same considerations . . .
#13167 by JCtheWizard
Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:29 pm
Thanks Bobby - it's good to know this is intended to work in the future correctly. What I would suggest is that the company post a correction on the site somewhere where the information talks about multi-ring and blacklists stating these features temporally do not work with forwarded numbers.

The ONLY place I've found that was in the BETA sticky post.

Hopefully this would save a lot of confussion, time and frusteration.

I also reccommend that a correction slip be added to each shipped product package. I'm certain a lot of people that buy ooma to 'try it out' spend too much time trying to figure out why it is not working as it should . . . I did.

Thanks again.