Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#2615 by miloh54
Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:15 am
is there a way that we could (silently) block a call without the message let the caller (like the in-law) know that their call has been blocked?
#2623 by frenchcamp49er
Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:52 pm
I like this question :)
#2624 by scots
Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:54 pm
There's a dropdown menu on the blacklist page that will let you send calls directly to voicemail. This way they just get whatever your voicemail message is rather than a message telling them they've been blocked. This affects all numbers on your blacklist though. You can't pick and choose which numbers get treated which way.

That would be a nice enhancement to the blacklist. Allow us to select how each individual number on the blacklist is handled. I used to be with a VoIP provider who did this. At the time you added a number to the blacklist you selected how you wanted the call from that number to be handled. They had several options including sending directly to voicemail, playing a "your number is blocked" message, playing a "take my number off your list" message (for telemarketers), or giving the caller a busy signal.
#2625 by atici
Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:06 pm
In addition to the options you listed I'd like one where the line sounds like ringing normally to the caller but it actually doesn't.
#2631 by Bobby B
Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Yes, it would definitely be better to have the ability to play a disconnect tone, perpetually ring or some sort of other generic message for those in-laws :)

I was thinking it would be great if we even allowed users to record their own blacklisting block message, e.g. "You are the weakest link, goodbye!"

We'll see what can be done in the near-future.
#3238 by rbuck
Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:02 pm
How about blocking based off of CALLER ID text?? I get a call from "CALL CENTER, MI" about every other day. Its a robocaller with that beloved, "THIS IS AN IMPORTANT CALL ABOUT YOUR AUTO INSURANCE/CREDIT CARD/SATELLITE RECEIVER/ETC PRESS 1 TO HEAR THIS URGENT INFORMATION NOW". The number keeps rotating and I keep blocking it but the CALLER ID is always "CALL CENTER, MI".

Please help me drive this devil from my phone!!!
#3253 by skellener
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:42 pm
miloh54 wrote:is there a way that we could (silently) block a call without the message let the caller (like the in-law) know that their call has been blocked?
Just don't answer the phone if Caller ID says it's the in-laws. Sometimes it's easier to do things yourself. Not sure why Ooma needs to address this.
#3787 by rbuck
Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:33 pm
Skellener - with Ooma we control our phone, thats the selling point, we don't want the phone to ring at all if callers fall within our criteria.
#5619 by gpadick
Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:43 pm
I would like detection of the caller right away so I don't have to listen to the phone ringing so long. I have it set for "block" so I would just as soon not here the phone ring at all or just once to show that it connected.
#6242 by jeff301
Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:52 am
when i try to blacklist a number, i can only have one window open in internet explorer and i have to change the number from: (xxx) xxx-xxxx which is the default, to xxx-xxx-xxxx. if i don't, internet explorer locks up and i have to control, alt, delete to close internet explorer. what's that all about?