Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#45179 by hurl03
Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:14 am
Feel free to add you own or express support for handset features...

1. - Ability to control ringer volume without going through the menu process. IE, the up and down arrows on the directional pad.

2. - Since the contacts feature doesn't work, how about a way to save & EDIT contacts on the phone itself.

3. - Speed up the interface. Anytime I use the handset it's usually 3-4 seconds behind the actual push of the button.

4. - Intercom, another advertised feature, but not active. To build on intercom, room monitor, IE one way listening from any ooma telo handset to handset.

5. - Please speed up the interface!

6. - Call logs - ability to look at just one group at a time, IE missed, placed or received. So instead of using the left arrow and displaying everything it might work like this:

Left Arrow -> Call Logs
All
Missed
Placed
Received
Clear Logs
#47161 by JTalbert
Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:47 am
I agree with your suggestions. The phone in its current state is pretty useless, its very slow, you are allowed to save a contact but how the heck to you retrieve it, no way to go to the contacts you store, I think right now I would be happy with a user interface that actually makes sense and is useful and contacts that actually work. I saw a comment recently that Ooma were about to send out the Telo and handsets for reviews, I would be embarrassed to send out a handset to actually have someone review it.

hurl03 wrote:Feel free to add you own or express support for handset features...

1. - Ability to control ringer volume without going through the menu process. IE, the up and down arrows on the directional pad.

2. - Since the contacts feature doesn't work, how about a way to save & EDIT contacts on the phone itself.

3. - Speed up the interface. Anytime I use the handset it's usually 3-4 seconds behind the actual push of the button.

4. - Intercom, another advertised feature, but not active. To build on intercom, room monitor, IE one way listening from any ooma telo handset to handset.

5. - Please speed up the interface!

6. - Call logs - ability to look at just one group at a time, IE missed, placed or received. So instead of using the left arrow and displaying everything it might work like this:

Left Arrow -> Call Logs
All
Missed
Placed
Received
Clear Logs
#56949 by a8le
Fri May 28, 2010 9:01 pm
the headset volume is too low even at the highest setting. also, people on the other side complain about me not being clear when using the ooma headset vs. my corded phone.
#57105 by burnside
Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:35 am
I'd add to have a phone that actually looks like the photo on the box of the phone. I couldn't believe that the black screen they show in the photo is actually white. big time false advertising.
#57615 by jrspe
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:58 am
Handset also needs:

1) Lithium battery for longer life.

2) Ability to change any/all call forwarding settings from the handset (or any other phone) instead of having to power up the PC and login to My Ooma.