Voicemail Translations

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
TimMonte

Voicemail Translations

Post by TimMonte » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:08 pm

While the system will notify you of a voice mail and will send you the voice file it would also be nice if the system could translates into text and e-mail this to you.

allo

Re: Voicemail Translations

Post by allo » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:32 pm

TimMonte wrote:While the system will notify you of a voice mail and will send you the voice file it would also be nice if the system could translates into text and e-mail this to you.
Finally you got your wish!... but it comes at a "little price" :
Ooma Voicemail-to-Text service is $9.99 per month. This plan includes 40 messages, additional messages are $0.25 each.
A little too steep for me... but who knows! maybe there are some big spenders among Ooma members who can afford that!

ernieb

Post by ernieb » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:10 am

I'm disappointed that this doesn't come with the Premier package. GoogleVoice does this for *free*....

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 am

ernieb wrote:I'm disappointed that this doesn't come with the Premier package. GoogleVoice does this for *free*....
The fee is probably a sign that the translation service is being sub-contracted out or is using code that Ooma has licensed on a per-user basis.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

scuubysnacks

Post by scuubysnacks » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:43 pm

9.99 per month is ridiculous. It should be included with Premier.

Nick-and-dime-ya , oops, I mean ooma, cant seem to get anything right lately. :!:

allo

Post by allo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:59 pm

ernieb wrote:I'm disappointed that this doesn't come with the Premier package. GoogleVoice does this for *free*....
I forgot about Google transcription!... and how funny that is... but at least it doesn't cost anything!

allo

Post by allo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 pm

scuubysnacks wrote:9.99 per month is ridiculous. It should be included with Premier.
Nick-and-dime-ya , oops, I mean ooma, cant seem to get anything right lately. :!:
I think Ooma needs to keep in mind the main reason why people dumped their previous carrier... which is plain and simple: TRY TO SAVE SOME MONEY, not to end up costing them more "with all these a la carte menu" !

dlschleich

Post by dlschleich » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Correction.
Why are you all refering to voicemail translation?. What language is it supossed to translate?
However I would like it to transcribe any selected phone conversation not just when the call goes into voicemail.That would be great for anyone who receives instructions over the phone. It'd be a lot better than taking notes like crazy and still not getting everything.
Is that possble? It would then be worth the $9.99 extra.

dlschleich

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:18 pm

dlschleich wrote:I would like it to transcribe any selected phone conversation not just when the call goes into voicemail.That would be great for anyone who receives instructions over the phone. It'd be a lot better than taking notes like crazy and still not getting everything.
Is that possble? It would then be worth the $9.99 extra.

dlschleich
I think the expectation of a service like that costing only $9.99 a month would be a little low. Since it would be a largely manual process (unless you want the rather comical partially-usable stuff that GV does) you would be likely to pay several dollars per page. Long conversations would be very tedious unless performed by a highly skilled person with expert training - similar to that of a court reporter.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!