Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#43782 by Robert
Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 pm
I tried for the first time to use the international service to call Russia. A voice came on and said I had $100.00 credit and over a 1000 minutes to use. When the call connected, it rang once and silence after the ring. Do I have to call customer service and activate this or give them credit card information. What should happen when I call internationally.
#43787 by amoney
Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:07 pm
There are reported issues with calling internationally.

What happened when you retried placing the call?
#43832 by amoney
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:15 pm
Robert wrote:I have tried five times calling different numbers and the same thing happens. Ring once and silence.

There's no quick fix, but I would call customer service and at least try to make them aware. Hopefully someone maybe able to address that issue for you, but I recommend frequent followups.

Ultimately if the issue continues your only recoarse is to get a calling card. Not really convienent I know.

But to answer your question, no its not suppose to be like that, and unfortunately yes its a known issue. Appaerently Ooma needs to switch carrier partners that patch the call through. But Ooma can't do anything unless they know your details. Hopefully your request will be taken seriously and not lost.

Ooma has potential, unfortunately Ooma's customers are still experience the companies growing pains.
#43985 by allo
Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:17 pm
Calls to Honduras and Mexico are just a few "00's" miles away.
Calls to Eastern Europe and Eastern/South Asia are a few "000's" miles!
its like like comparing apples and oranges!
Attachments
Inter.JPG
Inter.JPG (34.47 KiB) Viewed 2058 times