Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#42838 by KenAF
Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 pm
I would like use ooma voicemail in place of my mobile voicemail, without forwarding mobile calls to ooma. Is that possible?

Most carriers allow for call forwarding, but can calls be forwarded straight to an ooma voicemail account?
#42862 by Soundjudgment
Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:42 am
Don't think so. All VMs are tied/accessed to their respective phone numbers. So all that could be done is to forward such calls to the Ooma phone number you have set up (or ported to).

One possible solution if you have Premiere and don't really need the 'second' phone number might be to get it anyway and set it up for instant VM operation. Then forward the cell-number to it.
#42881 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:15 am
KenAF wrote:I would like use ooma voicemail in place of my mobile voicemail, without forwarding mobile calls to ooma. Is that possible?

You can use Google Voice for this. There's no way to use Ooma's voice mail without forwarding the mobile calls to Ooma.
#43293 by bw1
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:13 am
Even if you use GV, it will still require call forwarding no answer to go to your GV number.

How about this:
Setup Ooma Anonymous Call Block to go to voicemail.
Configure your cell phone to call forward no answer to your Ooma number with *67 prefix.
Then calls to your cell phone that are not answered (or when it's busy) should forward directly to your Ooma voicemail.

Here is info for Verizon no answer/busy transfer: http://support.vzw.com/clc/features/cal ... nsfer.html

Whether you use this with GV or Ooma voicemail, it will still use minutes on your cell phone plan (of course, depending on your plan).
#43376 by bw1
Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:54 pm
KenAF wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

I suppose I need to request this as a feature.

What I posted above, you should be able to configure yourself on my.ooma and on your cell phone.

Do you have Ooma Premier?
If not, do you have a Hub or Telo?