Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#42637 by hogdoc
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:59 pm
It would be a nice feature if Line 1 is in use that Line 2 of Ooma will ring instead of the call waiting. This would give true call roll over so that another person can take the 2nd incoming call on line 2. Can Ooma make it happen?? :D
#42639 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:06 pm
hogdoc wrote:It would be a nice feature if Line 1 is in use that Line 2 of Ooma will ring instead of the call waiting. This would give true call roll over so that another person can take the 2nd incoming call on line 2. Can Ooma make it happen?? :D

That's the way it works with Premier, as long as you have a Scout (for Ooma Hub) or a Telo Handset (for Telo) to take the call on line 2.
#42640 by hogdoc
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:16 pm
I have Premier and two seperate phone lines with 2 different numbers. If I am on line 1 and another call comes in Line 1 then I get the call waiting beep on line 1. How can I also get line 2 to ring with an incoming call to line 1 while line 1 is being used?
#42642 by bw1
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:19 pm
Like Groundhound said, you have to have a scout or handset.
#42643 by hogdoc
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:22 pm
Yes, I already have a scout, that is my 2nd seperate line.
#42646 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:33 pm
hogdoc wrote:I have Premier and two seperate phone lines with 2 different numbers. If I am on line 1 and another call comes in Line 1 then I get the call waiting beep on line 1. How can I also get line 2 to ring with an incoming call to line 1 while line 1 is being used?

That's the way it works if you don't have the second number assigned to your Scout. If you have a phone connected to your Hub and another phone connected to your Scout, and are talking on one of the phones when a second call comes into either number, it will ring the other phone so the second call can be answered while the first call continues uninterrupted.
#42660 by murphy
Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 am
hogdoc wrote:Yes, I already have a scout, that is my 2nd seperate line.

You need two scouts. One is assigned to your personal number and the other stays in the shared mode.
A second incoming call will cause the phone connected to the shared scout to ring.
#42788 by hogdoc
Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 pm
2 Scouts are needed? It seems at some point duning the addition of the second line both lines would ring when a call came in on line 1. Are there any settings to make this happen? I was hoping only to ring the second line only if line1 is being used. Thanks all for the input.
#42791 by murphy
Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:44 pm
Once you lock your second number to a scout configured as a personal device, it will only ring when the second number is called. If you want the hub and scout to ring for both numbers, you have to keep the scout as a shared device.
#42796 by hogdoc
Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:10 pm
I get it now as I changed it to a "shared device" and now both lines ring. Problem is that both lines go to the same common mailbox which does not fly for a home office setting. Would like to have everything as a personal device and have the choice to roll over incoming calls to a second line only if the 1st line is in use but maintain the voicemail for the coresponding number. Hope that makes some sense!